Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
csb146
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Chuck
Trading: (1)
LGC
csb146 is on a distinguished road
Default Cigars DOA

I just received an order from CigarBid, and found nearly all the cigars to be completely dry with cracks and splits in the wrappers. I've ordered from them before with good results, and understand the cigars usually need some time in the humidor when they arrive, but I don't think there's any hope for these. Was wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem with them lately, or do you think this was a one-time glitch. I don't want to waste any more money on their site if this seems to be a trend.
csb146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
sevans105
Alpha Zombie Wolf "Sceve"

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Cigars DOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by csb146 View Post
I just received an order from CigarBid, and found nearly all the cigars to be completely dry with cracks and splits in the wrappers. I've ordered from them before with good results, and understand the cigars usually need some time in the humidor when they arrive, but I don't think there's any hope for these. Was wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem with them lately, or do you think this was a one-time glitch. I don't want to waste any more money on their site if this seems to be a trend.
Had this happen to me once before with a 5-er. Called them, explained the issue, they sent me a new set priority mail plus a couple extras for my trouble. Fantastic customer service imho.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Accidents can, and do, happen to all vendors at some point. They ship a massive volume of cigars every week, occasionally things slip through, and that's assuming it was CI's fault and not mishandling by UPS. Just call CI's 800 number for customer service, they'll take care of you.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I had a similar issue once. They took care of it without any problems.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
boonedoggle
The Search is ON

First Name: Jimmy
Trading: (19)
RA AirForce (Active)
boonedoggle will become famous soon enough

I've not personnaly had any issues in the past, but I haven't ordered from them in a while either. I have always heard they have great customer service.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
mkarnold1
Skol Vikings!

First Name: Mark
Trading: (22)
RA Army (Served With Honor)
mkarnold1 will become famous soon enoughmkarnold1 will become famous soon enough

From my experience, CI has questionable packaging at times and I've had some show with cracks (and once I got an empty box). Like the earlier posts state though, they make up for it with excellent customer service. Call them or e-mail and they will take of you.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

I also had a bad order a couple weeks ago. I explained to them what happened and they said "Oh...OK". no apology or offer to replace.
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #8
saigon68

Won a fiver of Padron & one was split at the foot. Called them & they had me return the cigar (they paid the postage); received a new stogie couple of days.
They stand by their service. Just that they are addicting!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
levrac68
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Todd
Trading: (0)
levrac68 is on a distinguished road

I've had a few issues too, but they've made good every time.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #10
csb146
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Chuck
Trading: (1)
LGC
csb146 is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone for the good advice. I've sent them an e-mail, and will give them a call on Monday. I'll let you know how it turns out.
csb146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #11
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluck View Post
I also had a bad order a couple weeks ago. I explained to them what happened and they said "Oh...OK". no apology or offer to replace.
Shoulda asked for someone else or called back to talk to someone else
Old 05-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #12
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Shoulda asked for someone else or called back to talk to someone else
I will do this. I took good pictures of most of the damaged ones I guess I should send them.
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:15 AM   #13
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

I never judge a vendor by one problem. I judge them by how they take care of it. Accidents can and do happen. If a vendor faces the problem head-on, and offers a viable solution, they are good in my book.

Last order I placed with CI was for some Ave Maria Beli's. A couple had cracked heads upon arrival. I sent them an email letting them know of the issue, but did not ask for anything. I told them that with any handmade product, there is a chance of accidents, and this was probably one of those times. I just wanted them to be aware of an issue. Imagine my surprise when a fiver shows up from them a few days later!

FWIW, I normally have the exact opposite problem when I order from CI or it's sister sites. Every time I've gotten over-humidified cigars. But no worries, as I'm patient enough to let NC's acclimate for as long as they need.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #14
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

Had a damaged stick once from C-bid. They refunded my money and told me to keep it.