Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-15-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold
Default Tat's New Monster Series

Saw a picture on Facebook someone took at IPCPR of Pete's new series. The pic I saw had a box and a cigar, and it was called "The Face". This has me really excited since I've missed out on the past series. Anyone else have any info? Looks like a big cigar from the pic.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tat's New Monster Series

Old 08-15-2010, 09:21 AM   #3
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

It's a 6 3/8 by 56rg. Supposed to mirror the original Leatherface.
Here is an interview with Pete talking about all of his new stuff, including The Face at IPCPR
Old 08-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

How boring! My call was it was going to be called "The Mummy" and wrapped in tissue paper. I guess he didnt want to pay for the rights to the name.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
whodeeni

Talking Re: Tat's New Monster Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
How boring! My call was it was going to be called "The Mummy" and wrapped in tissue paper. I guess he didnt want to pay for the rights to the name.
Bob it's based on "Leatherface" from the Texas Chain Saw Massacre series! *lol*
Old 08-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodeeni View Post
The original or the crappy remake?
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #7
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodeeni View Post
That was obvious. But apparently PTJ did not want to pay royalties so he didnt use the actual name just butchered it for his own hype, just as he has done with the rest of the series. Stealing half a name is cheaper than using the real name.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #8
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Let the games begin!!!

Chris.....
Old 08-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #9
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
Nice review.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:13 AM   #10
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

You're not missing anything. The brown labels blow them out of the water. I love Tatuaje but I do not even attempt to get the special releases. They are simply not as good as the regular line. I've had a handful of each Monster Series and they all left me with a big......meh.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #11
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about

The only monster series i've had were the Boris. The Boris was a stand up smoke one of the best Tat's i've had IMO. I had a few Drac's but gifted them out and never got my hands on a frank so i'm only 1 out of 3 so far. But i'm gonna do my best to not do what i did last year (only buy a few of each). So far i really enjoy almost everything that Tat was to offer so i'm gonna try to load up on at least one box. If i don't like them there will be other people that do who i can sell the box too.

I'm really looking forward to this new stick and i think Mario nailed it on the head about Pete.
cigarmonkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:26 AM   #12
GolfNut
Back in the woodshop!

First Name: Forrest
Trading: (38)
Partagas
GolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura about

I've yet to lay hands on any of the Monster series. No Tat distributors out here. How do they compare to say the Tat Black flavor profile?
GolfNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:17 AM   #13
newlifetaxidermy

blah, blah, blah... I'm so over all the hype...I'd rather have a kick ass cigar with no band that comes in a bundle. Probably not going to happen though, because everyone seems to want pretty packaging. The last time I tried to smoke the box, it burned my lungs....so now I only smoke the cigars themselves.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:09 PM   #14
AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (40)
AlohaStyle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlifetaxidermy View Post
blah, blah, blah... I'm so over all the hype...I'd rather have a kick ass cigar with no band that comes in a bundle. Probably not going to happen though, because everyone seems to want pretty packaging. The last time I tried to smoke the box, it burned my lungs....so now I only smoke the cigars themselves.
Well you're in luck then because Pete's making 666 boxes for people that want to collect the boxes, but he's also releasing more bundles a couple weeks later for the people that could care less about trying to get their hands on a collectible box. A total of 22,000 cigars I believe.
AlohaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #15
Starz26
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (22)
Army (Served With Honor)
Starz26 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlifetaxidermy View Post
LMAO, actually, "The Face" has no band (your 1st criteria) and will also come in bundles without the box (your second criteria) so...........
Starz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #16
Brooks W
Feeling at Home

Trading: (70)
Brooks W has a spectacular aura aboutBrooks W has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starz26 View Post
LMAO, actually, "The Face" has no band (your 1st criteria) and will also come in bundles without the box (your second criteria) so...........
Brooks W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:26 PM   #17
mariogolbee

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks W View Post

I AM looking forward to this cigar and all of the new releases. He puts out some damned good cigars. He also has said in interviews that he has fun with the cigars and enjoys making LE sticks. So if you don't like then don't buy. Remember what mom's have been saying for generations,"If you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all."

Besides, I think the OP was asking for info and not opinions even though I just gave mine.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #18
Starz26
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (22)
Army (Served With Honor)
Starz26 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post

I AM He also has said in interviews that he has fun with the cigars and enjoys making LE sticks.
If you have ever met Pete you would be able to tell instantly that this is the case. His love for cigars and the business is self evident.

I am greatful that the monster series is continuing as for a period of time that was in question due to the comments / problems created by the availability from last years release. It simply was not fun to continue.

Quote:
Besides, I think the OP was asking for info and not opinions even though I just gave mine.
As for information, I would appreciate any info as well. I do not think anyone has smoked on yet so it may be scarce...

Maybe Pete will chime in on the blend, tasting notes, etc. Better yet, if he could send me one, I will post a review immediatly....
Starz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #19
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
The Face will have a band. If you look at the photo close and there are better photos in an older post the band will be made with a lighter shade wrapper. I'm hoping these will not be as difficult to find as releases in the past but I guess only time will tell.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #20
Brooks W
Feeling at Home

Trading: (70)
Brooks W has a spectacular aura aboutBrooks W has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
The Face will have a band. If you look at the photo close and there are better photos in an older post the band will be made with a lighter shade wrapper. I'm hoping these will not be as difficult to find as releases in the past but I guess only time will tell.
That is not a band, it is another piece of tobacco...

~brooks
Brooks W is offline   Reply With Quote