Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2008, 01:21 AM   #1
Bobb

Default Viva la Snorking! Also...how to nose smoke.

I posted this on another site and I got some very positive feedback from it, so I thought I'd post it again here, in the Asylum, for some of the new inmates. Enjoy!!
__________________________________________________ ______

Snorking, a.k.a. nose smoking, is something I am starting to LOVE!!! At herf's I tend to do it once and a while to help me appreciate fantastic cigars that people are willing to share...now I do it with every cigar I place against my lips. The amount of flavor you get through your nose is AMAZING!! You can really taste the subtle nuances of a cigar when snorking. Think about hoe food looses a ton of flavor when you are sick. That is because a lot of our taste is dependent on our sense of smell.

It came across me yesterday that not everybody practices snorking...and some people do not know how...so I am going to attempt to explain how I do it, and hopefully I can help some people out.

To begin, you may want to start with a milder cigar that still has a lot of flavor. I am smoking a Rocky Patel 1999 Connecticut right now and it is very smooth and slightly complex...IMO, a perfect candidate for snorking.

* The first thing to do is take a decent sized breath and hold it in your lungs...not a huge breath, but enough so you are not uncomfortable holding it for 10 seconds or so.
* Next, take a mouthful of smoke and hold it in your mouth for a second or two
* Now blow out about 70%-80% of the smoke, holding the rest in your mouth.
* Now, close your mouth, relax your throat, and WITHOUT inhaling, blow the air from your lungs out your nose. Thanks to our wonderful friend physics (The Bernoulli’s Principle) the current of air will suck the smoke out of your mouth and send it though your nose.
* Finally, expel any extra air that might be in your lungs out of your mouth so when you inhale, your mouth will be empty of smoke. Remember, there are no taste receptors in your lungs, so smoke does not need to enter them.

This might sting/burn a little the first time...if it does, try blowing more smoke out your mouth before sending it out your nose. Eventually, you should be able to tolerate more and more smoke out your nose without the burn.

I hope this helps some people who have heard of snorking and are having difficulties with it; and opens a whole new world of flavors to the people hearing about it for the first time.

Enjoy!
~Bobb