Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Networking

Old 11-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough
Default Graduating summer 2014

My Shameless plug for a job.

I am graduating next summer and in my senior year. Trying to jump on the job train as soon as possible, so I am not left working as a bartender with a degree in hand. Would like to stay in the Midwest if possible, Chicago, Kalamazoo, that region.

I am graduating from WMU with a degree in Business Management, experience in purchasing, sales, and inventory management. Would like to do something with project management, operations, or inventory/distribution. Anything promising will be considered of course. Anything else about me or my character you guys likely know about me, which I hope is all positive.

My Resume
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4nyco23n57...20%282%29.docx

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Devanmc; 11-07-2013 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Updated Resume
Devanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Graduating summer 2014

Good luck Devan!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Michael!

Also, all are welcome to pass my resume on, if people who you know may be interested in hiring me!
Thanks again everyone.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough

Hi Devan, you are probably doing this already, but I highly recommend making sure you have a very professional profile out on Linked In. You don't need the premium membership. I am looking for a job myself and have been for a few months. I am told by all recruiters is that Linked In is the first stop a lot of companies look to for new talent. Take the time to make sure your profile is professional and start following some companies you'd like to work for. You can learn a great deal from the articles published by some of the firms and some of the groups (e.g. just type in purchasing, inventory, etc.). Best of luck to you and I'll keep my eyes open. Steve
Stevez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:37 PM   #5
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

Going to give this a little bump. Changed things around with my degree so Im not graduating just yet. Looking for a part-time internship/co-op in the Kalamazoo area or within driving distance. Any help or contacts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:56 PM   #6
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Devan make sure as Steve said to have a linked in profile with all the free information you can provide and a picture in office attire. A lot of recruiters and companies use this networking tool to find potential employees.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:30 AM   #7
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

New resume is up, still the old link. This one doesnt look like crud either!