Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2008, 08:36 AM   #1
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation
Default EverTorch Review

Let me begin by saying I've been a die hard PB-207 fan since getting one and have recommended it to everyone. Pete (replicant_argent) had a thread on some lighters that I hadn't seen before. Intrigued after laying eyes on one, and wanting a lighter a bit more nice and sleek compared to the robust PB-207, I decided to give it a shot.

It comes in a nice sturdy case. The first thing I noticed upon picking it up is that this lighter is not only beautiful, but sturdy. It had very good weight to it and didn't make me feel like I could break it by looking at it the wrong way like some lighters do. Flicking the top open with my thumb, I was pleased by the awesome "ping" sound, reminiscent of an S.T. Dupont or other high-end lighters. Then the best part, and major selling point for me, was the ability for this lighter to have both soft flame and torch. It worked great for lighting, and its more forgiving and less intense torch worked perfectly for touch ups. I will still use my PB-207, especially in outdoor situations or when I don't want to risk getting this pretty thing all scratched up... But the Ever Torch is a great addition to any cigar smoker's arsenal.

For the price, this lighter is hard to beat. I would have no problem recommending it to anyone.

PROS:

-Price
-Sturdy
-"Ping" Sound
-Soft Flame and Torch Capabilities
-Uses Flint
-Calmer Torch Makes Touch Ups Easier
-Sleek Design
-Limited Lifetime Warranty
CONS:

-Some Colors May Show Fingerprints (use microfiber cloth to clean)
-Won't want to use in situation where it could get scratched (hunting/fishing/yardwork... like a nice watch)

Case

Here it is (sorry for reflection)

Had to give a Mac plug