Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #21
WhoDeySchenk
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (2)
WhoDeySchenk has a spectacular aura aboutWhoDeySchenk has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: By Golly, Cardinal Fans Check in!!!

Any team going against the Sh**sburgh Cheaters is a team I'll root for. GO CARDS!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #22
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

Another reason to dislike them... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkTflRQzCZg
Old 01-22-2009, 10:48 AM   #23
Mr.Maduro
In Domino Confido

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (83)
HUpmann
Mr.Maduro has disabled reputation

...but aren't you a 49ers fan Marianne?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #24
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Even though they knocked my Panthers out of the playoffs, I'm still gonna pull for 'em. Warner and Fitzgerald seem to be hot as of late, so it's looking good for you West Coast people.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #25
piperman

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Even though they knocked my Panthers out of the playoffs, I'm still gonna pull for 'em. Warner and Fitzgerald seem to be hot as of late, so it's looking good for you West Coast people.
Its about time too, Suns get to the playoffs and Choke, Diamondbacks Cards
Old 01-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #26
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

If they play the way they've been playing in the playoffs, the Steelers are in for a long night. I think they kind of slacked off after clinching, then woke up in the playoffs. It was like a different team.
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:43 AM   #27
Cigargal
Waiting for SoCal XI

Trading: (25)
Partagas
Cigargal will become famous soon enoughCigargal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro View Post
...but aren't you a 49ers fan Marianne?
Yes I am! But I have to wait until next year to root for the niners in the Superbowl
Cigargal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:23 PM   #28
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

dunno how true this is but it's a nice story.

I thought you might need an inspiring story. Read the true story below about Kurtis and Brenda the Checkout Girl.

KURTIS THE STOCK BOY AND BRENDA THE CHECKOUT GIRL

In a supermarket, Kurtis the stock boy, was busily working when a new voice came over the loud speaker asking for a carry out at register 4.
Kurtis was almost finished, and wanted to get some fresh air, and decided to answer the call. As he approached the check-out stand a distant
smile caught his eye, the new check-out girl was beautiful. She was an older woman (maybe 26, and he was only 22) and he fell in love.

Later that day, after his shift was over, he waited by the punch clock to find out her name. She came into the break room, smiled softly at him,
took her card and punched out, then left. He looked at her card, BRENDA.
He walked out only to see her start walking up the road. Next day, he waited outside as she left the supermarket, and offered her a ride home.
He looked harmless enough, and she accepted. When he dropped her off, he asked if maybe he could see her again, outside of work. She simply
said it wasn't possible.

He pressed and she explained she had two children and she couldn't afford a baby-sitter, so he offered to pay for the baby-sitter.
Reluctantly she accepted his offer for a date for the following Saturday. That Saturday night he arrived at her door only to have her tell him that
she was unable to go with him.
The baby-sitter had called and canceled. To which Kurtis simply said, "Well, let's take the kids with us."

She tried to explain that taking the children was not an option, but again not taking no for an answer, he pressed. Finally Brenda, brought him inside
to meet her children. She had an older daughter who was just as cute as a bug, Kurtis thought, then Brenda brought out her son, in a wheelchair.
He was born a paraplegic with Down Syndrome.

Kurtis asked Brenda, "I still don't understand why the kids can't come with us?" Brenda was amazed. Most men would run away from a woman with two kids, especially if one had disabilities - just like her first husband and father of her children had done. Kurtis was not ordinary - - - he had a different mindset.

That evening Kurtis and Brenda loaded up the kids, went to dinner and the movies. When her son needed anything Kurtis would take care of him.
When he needed to use the restroom, he picked him up out of his wheelchair, took him and brought him back. The kids loved Kurtis. At the end of
the evening, Brenda knew this was the man she was going to marry and spend the rest of her life with.

A year later, they were married and Kurtis adopted both of her children.
Since then they have added two more kids.

So what happened to Kurtis the stock boy and Brenda the check-out girl?
Well, Mr. & Mrs. Kurt Warner now live in Arizona, where he is currently employed as the quarterback of the National Football League Arizona Cardinals and has his Cardinals in the hunt for a possible appearance in the Super Bowl. Is this a surprise ending or could you have guessed that he
was not an ordinary person.

It should be noted that he also quarterbacked the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #29
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
dunno how true this is but it's a nice story.

I thought you might need an inspiring story. Read the true story below about Kurtis and Brenda the Checkout Girl.

KURTIS THE STOCK BOY AND BRENDA THE CHECKOUT GIRL

In a supermarket, Kurtis the stock boy, was busily working when a new voice came over the loud speaker asking for a carry out at register 4.
Kurtis was almost finished, and wanted to get some fresh air, and decided to answer the call. As he approached the check-out stand a distant
smile caught his eye, the new check-out girl was beautiful. She was an older woman (maybe 26, and he was only 22) and he fell in love.

Later that day, after his shift was over, he waited by the punch clock to find out her name. She came into the break room, smiled softly at him,
took her card and punched out, then left. He looked at her card, BRENDA.
He walked out only to see her start walking up the road. Next day, he waited outside as she left the supermarket, and offered her a ride home.
He looked harmless enough, and she accepted. When he dropped her off, he asked if maybe he could see her again, outside of work. She simply
said it wasn't possible.

He pressed and she explained she had two children and she couldn't afford a baby-sitter, so he offered to pay for the baby-sitter.
Reluctantly she accepted his offer for a date for the following Saturday. That Saturday night he arrived at her door only to have her tell him that
she was unable to go with him.
The baby-sitter had called and canceled. To which Kurtis simply said, "Well, let's take the kids with us."

She tried to explain that taking the children was not an option, but again not taking no for an answer, he pressed. Finally Brenda, brought him inside
to meet her children. She had an older daughter who was just as cute as a bug, Kurtis thought, then Brenda brought out her son, in a wheelchair.
He was born a paraplegic with Down Syndrome.

Kurtis asked Brenda, "I still don't understand why the kids can't come with us?" Brenda was amazed. Most men would run away from a woman with two kids, especially if one had disabilities - just like her first husband and father of her children had done. Kurtis was not ordinary - - - he had a different mindset.

That evening Kurtis and Brenda loaded up the kids, went to dinner and the movies. When her son needed anything Kurtis would take care of him.
When he needed to use the restroom, he picked him up out of his wheelchair, took him and brought him back. The kids loved Kurtis. At the end of
the evening, Brenda knew this was the man she was going to marry and spend the rest of her life with.

A year later, they were married and Kurtis adopted both of her children.
Since then they have added two more kids.

So what happened to Kurtis the stock boy and Brenda the check-out girl?
Well, Mr. & Mrs. Kurt Warner now live in Arizona, where he is currently employed as the quarterback of the National Football League Arizona Cardinals and has his Cardinals in the hunt for a possible appearance in the Super Bowl. Is this a surprise ending or could you have guessed that he
was not an ordinary person.

It should be noted that he also quarterbacked the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI.
Not true, Kurt and Brenda met at a Country Bar. But the stuff about him and her kids is true. I know that while they were dating and were in fights, he would say "Well I get the kids". Don't know if that was a joke cause he obviously would have no legal right. I will look for the article.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #30
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Here is the article...

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...oivin0109.html

Quote:
During his final season at the University of Northern Iowa in 1993, Warner went to a country-music dance bar called Wild E. Coyotes. He spotted Brenda Carney Meoni and asked her to dance. Her immediate reaction?

"Get away. Get away," she thought.

"Here's this cute guy in a bar with an entourage of females, and I'm the last person that makes sense for him to go to," Brenda said. "I'm a divorced woman with two kids, one with special needs. And Kurt's 21. Twenty-one."

They danced, and the next day, Warner was knocking on her door with a rose.

"Again, I'm screaming in my head, 'Go away!' but I opened the door and said, 'C'mon in,' " she said. "My 2 1/2-year-old grabs him by the hand and shows him every radio we own.

"He fell in love with my kids before he fell in love with me. When we'd have a fight and were going to break up, he'd say, 'Well I get the kids.' I'm like, 'But they're my kids!' "

They stuck together, even when it appeared football wasn't in Warner's future. He signed with the Green Bay Packers as a free agent in 1994 but was cut before the season began. He returned to UNI to work as a graduate assistant football coach and spent nights stocking shelves at the local Hy-Vee grocery store. He moved in with Brenda, who was struggling financially and turned to food stamps for a while. They drove a car that died every time it turned left.

He landed with the Arena Football League's Iowa Barnstormers in 1995 and three years later was signed by the St. Louis Rams, who allocated him to the NFL's developmental league in Europe. His backup with the Amsterdam Admirals was Jake Delhomme, now the Panthers' quarterback.

Around this time, Warner began challenging Brenda about her faith. She had become a devout Christian as a 12-year-old after seeing a fundamentalist Christian film called A Distant Thunder (1978). Warner questioned her, suggesting she was picking and choosing her beliefs from the Bible at her convenience. During this exploration, he closely studied the Bible.

"When I did, it was obvious what the truth was," Warner said.

He committed himself to the Bible's message. That's Warner's way, why he has succeeded in football. He studies, commits, believes.

Before they married, he told Brenda they should follow the Bible faithfully, which meant, among other things, no premarital sex.

"I'm like, 'Dude, we've got so many other things to work on. Why that one?' " Brenda, now 41, said, laughing.

They married in 1997. In 1999, he took over as the Rams' quarterback when starter Trent Green was injured. What followed was two Super Bowls, two MVP titles and a legion of Christian followers.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:43 AM   #31
Cigargal
Waiting for SoCal XI

Trading: (25)
Partagas
Cigargal will become famous soon enoughCigargal will become famous soon enough

Today is the big day. We have invited half the town over for the game and some eats. Should be fun! Go Cardinals!
Cigargal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #32
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

I hope the Cardinals pull this one out. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch much of the super bowl this year either because professors like to put exams on the Monday after.

They have no souls! lol
Old 02-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #33
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by King James View Post
I hope the Cardinals pull this one out. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch much of the super bowl this year either because professors like to put exams on the Monday after.

They have no souls! lol
What is the exam on?
Old 02-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #34
Studebaker
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
Studebaker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
1) I like the NFC
2) Rams fan... still love Kurt Warner!
3) Have never liked Pittsburgh

So... GO CARDINALS!
My sentiments exactly.

They really didn't beat our Panthers by themselves. The Panthers self-destructed and the Cards just happened to be there. Not to take anything away from the Cards and I hope Kurt adds a ring to his jewelry box tonight.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #35
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Good luck Cardinals. Not a fan but any team that has a chance to beat the Squealers will get my cheers.
taltos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #36
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

Go Steelers
Old 02-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #37
Texan in Mexico
Feeling at Home

First Name: Travis
Trading: (0)
LGC
Texan in Mexico has disabled reputation

First catch for Fitzgerald!
Texan in Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #38
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

Old 02-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #39
theonlybear4CORT
RIP Nick Montano

First Name: Mike
Trading: (14)
theonlybear4CORT has disabled reputation

nice 100 yard run!
theonlybear4CORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #40
acruce
Just killing Time

First Name: Andy
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
acruce is on a distinguished road

Hoping the cards can pull it together in the second half