Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats

Old 05-26-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
landhoney
Mr. Charisma

First Name: Seth
Trading: (32)
landhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura about
Default Greys Papaya or Papaya King

These are hot dog joints in NYC, both offer basically just hot dogs and fruit juices. I had the pleasure of trying both in rapid succession while on vacation.

My method was one hot dog, half with mustard half plain. Then two juices; one papaya juice (at both) and the other pina colada (at Papaya King) and Banana Daiquiri (no alcohol at Greys Papaya).

The clear winner was Greys Papaya. The hot dog was better; better 'snap', better flavor, cooked better/more (prefer a more 'well done' hot dog). The juice was also better; both papaya juices were just "OK" IMO, papaya is not my favorite. But the Banana Daiquiri at Greys Papaya was sooooooo good.

The combination of a hot, spicy (not hot spicy) hot dog with ice cold fruit juice is very enjoyable to say the least. There are probably better hot dogs in the city, but I really enjoyed these places and the food/drink.
landhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
BillyCigars

Default Re: Greys Papaya or Papaya King

I guess I'd vote for Papaya King but only because they always tasted awesome after a night of boozing, lol. I always got mine plain.