Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Coffee Discussion

Old 11-18-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Slippety, slip...

Just what i need, another hobby.

Just placed an order with Amazon for a Bodum Grinder and Bialetti Mukka Express pot. I just couldn't pull the trigger on a Rocky. I need to make sure I'll stick with this before committing that much money.

Should arrive next week, which is good since I'm out of town for a few more days. There's a couple local roasters I'm going to give a try, plus looking at a few of the online sources listed in this forum.

And down the slide we go. Weeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Slippety, slip...

Congratulations Bob! After reading Moo's thread for the third time regarding Moka Pots, I've decided to purchase either the 1 cup or 3 cup Bialetti Moka Express in December. Looking forward to a new adventure in coffee

Old 11-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

I was debating which pot to get, leaning towards the 3 cup. But then I saw the Mukka which can also make cappuccino/latte without having to buy a separate device for the milk. That was what sold me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Chainsaw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
I was debating which pot to get, leaning towards the 3 cup. But then I saw the Mukka which can also make cappuccino/latte without having to buy a separate device for the milk. That was what sold me. Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Enjoying my first cup from the Mukka. Got to use my new Bodum grinder to grind up some Great lakes Coffee Triple Threat. Excellent cappuccino. I'm completely sold. Next time though I won't grind up so much. Used as much as I'd use for a two cup French press, which was about twice as much as I needed.

Mister Moo, the half & half worked great. Frothed up nicely.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #6
Taki
Welcome to the Layer Cake

First Name: Taki
Trading: (38)
HdM
Taki has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Just what i need, another hobby.

Just placed an order with Amazon for a Bodum Grinder and Bialetti Mukka Express pot. I just couldn't pull the trigger on a Rocky. I need to make sure I'll stick with this before committing that much money.

Should arrive next week, which is good since I'm out of town for a few more days. There's a couple local roasters I'm going to give a try, plus looking at a few of the online sources listed in this forum.

And down the slide we go. Weeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
. Haven't got into this yet but I've been thinking about it....
Old 11-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #7
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Definitely look at a Moka pot Taki. Cheap way to get into it and still get excellent results. Just using fresh ground, good beans makes a world of difference.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:06 AM   #8
HollywoodQue
Invictus

First Name: Howard
Trading: (46)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
HollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really nice

Ok Bob, I'll bite....another new hobbie...wtf....still waiting for you to come by and herf....and bring some more Mac's Apple Pie Shine...everyone is asking for more since last year...
HollywoodQue is offline   Reply With Quote