Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-15-2010, 11:07 AM   #81
grateful1
testing

First Name: Gary
Trading: (0)
grateful1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Motorcycle Thread..

2001 Harley Ultra Classic - bumped to 95hp/97lbs...oh, and new speakers!
grateful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #82
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak_link View Post
Any pics of some of the cool stuff you saw?
Naw, just pics of the party I went to. I don't do much stopping when I'm traveling. If it was me, gas, beef jerky, and some water. With the wives we did a lot of long lunches, etc. I don't really have an eye for what makes a good pic. Some places are obvious but must not so much. I often see others trip pics and think, wow who would have thought to stop there and take a picture.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #83
weak_link
The Stranger

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
Naw, just pics of the party I went to. I don't do much stopping when I'm traveling. If it was me, gas, beef jerky, and some water. .
lol, I'm the same way when I'm on the bike. I ride by and think 'that would make a great photo' but never stop. I'm usually just happy to be out riding and don't want to get bogged down looking for photo ops.
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #84
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
Trading: (17)
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I ride by and think 'that would make a great photo' but never stop. I'm usually just happy to be out riding and don't want to get bogged down looking for photo ops.
Amen, I pass by more cool stuff cause I'm not taking the time to stop. Of course that's usually cause I'm on my way to a destination and just want to get there. Maybe one of these days I just need to take a two month trip with no destination in mind and take the time to stop and see the worlds largest snot ball.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #85
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by grateful1 View Post
2001 Harley Ultra Classic - bumped to 95hp/97lbs...oh, and new speakers!
Nice!

What are the chances Corbin will take your old seat and recover it their way for less than what they sell them for?
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #86
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
lol, I'm the same way when I'm on the bike. I ride by and think 'that would make a great photo' but never stop. I'm usually just happy to be out riding and don't want to get bogged down looking for photo ops.
How about just getting a bike that doesn't fall apart so we can actually ride somewhere.

Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #87
weak_link
The Stranger

Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratters View Post
How about just getting a bike that doesn't fall apart so we can actually ride somewhere.

Damn Austrians.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #88
UPHOTO

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (7)
Montecristo
UPHOTO is on a distinguished road

Am I the only one that likes the more classic style?

She needs a lot more work but I love it.

78 CB750

UPHOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:38 AM   #89
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

ERdM Navy (Retired)

Nice looking bike, but not good for the style of riding I do. I can't imagine 200 miles on it much less 2,000 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPHOTO View Post

78 CB750

Old 06-16-2010, 07:18 AM   #90
grateful1
testing

First Name: Gary
Trading: (0)
grateful1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK3- View Post
Nice!

What are the chances Corbin will take your old seat and recover it their way for less than what they sell them for?
In the past you could have had it done. Now-a-daze...it might be worth buying new, unless you get someone local to do the work....hmmmm, I'll have to look.
grateful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:21 AM   #91
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by grateful1 View Post
In the past you could have had it done. Now-a-daze...it might be worth buying new, unless you get someone local to do the work....hmmmm, I'll have to look.
I sent Corbin an email asking if it was possible but have not received a response back yet.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:37 AM   #92
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Finally got impatient and called Corbin. They will recover one of my old seats for half the price of buying one of their seats. Three to four week turn around time! $164 vs. $329 not a bad deal IMO. The guy on the phone also told me they build up the front of the seat a little higher than the factory seat so you don't smash the boys when you jam on the brakes.

Last edited by HK3-; 06-16-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #93
weak_link
The Stranger

Montecristo

Quote:
Finally got impatient and called Corbin. They will recover one of my old seats for half the price of buying one of their seats. Three to four week turn around time! $164 vs. $329 not a bad deal IMO. They guy on the phone also told me they build up the front of the seat a little higher than the factory seat so you don't smash the boys when you jam on the brakes.
Pretty sure you should just ride out to CA to my place for a smoke, then we can ride down to Corbin so they can do a custom fit.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #94
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:
Pretty sure you should just ride out to CA to my place for a smoke, then we can ride down to Corbin so they can do a custom fit.
That would be so great, if I could. I think it will be cheaper to just mail the seat to them.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #95
weak_link
The Stranger

Montecristo

Quote:
That would be so great, if I could. I think it will be cheaper to just mail the seat to them.
Heh, I wish we were all millionares so we didn't have to work and could focus on the fun things in life like friends, smokes, and riding.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #96
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

ERdM Navy (Retired)

I actually sold my Corbin because of that. I found the "boys" were uncomfortable on the Corbin. The front where they build it up was the cause for pain, not the solution too. I prefer the Mustang and/or Ultimates over the Corbin.

Quote:
Finally got impatient and called Corbin. They will recover one of my old seats for half the price of buying one of their seats. Three to four week turn around time! $164 vs. $329 not a bad deal IMO. The guy on the phone also told me they build up the front of the seat a little higher than the factory seat so you don't smash the boys when you jam on the brakes.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #97
Resipsa

After 10 years of riding with no incidents, it all ended last night.

Sitting at a red light, minding my own business on my 9, when this 82 year old guy slams into the back of the bike, and pushes me approx 50 feet through a busy intersection before the bike finally dumps. How nobody hit me coming the other way I'll never know.

I actually didn't know how the accident happenned at all. I was sitting there when suddenly, to me, the bike just took off like a bat out of hell, with me hanging on for dear life trying to keep it rubber side down and under control with the bike swinging wildly underneath me. Finally I lost it and down it went, smacking my head pretty hard off of the pavement. Plenty of witnesses who got me out of the middle of the road, and it was only then that I learned what happenned, the guy not only hit me, he was literally pushing me and the bike down the road in front of him. I I had gone down right away he would have just crushed me, just run right over the top of me.

: I had my head gear on, or I'd be gone.

I had a heavy leather motorcycle jacket on, and motorcycle pants which save me from some serious road rash.

I had on heavy leather motorcycle boots, with steel toes. At some point my leg must have been trapped under the bike because on my right boot toe the leather is completely gone, and about half of the steel, just ground right away. If that had been my foot in sneakers, I probably wouldn't have a foot right now.

End of the story, much confusion, police, ambulances, back boad, neck brace, clothes being cut off, iv. drips, x rays, yada yada yada. I'm banged up, my shoulder and left thumb are screwed up, but they've sent me home and it could have been so much worse.

Guys, even if you don't have to wear it, wear your gear.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #98
newcigarz
Smoke and Mirrors

Trading: (15)
HUpmann
newcigarz has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
After 10 years of riding with no incidents, it all ended last night.

Sitting at a red light, minding my own business on my 9, when this 82 year old guy slams into the back of the bike, and pushes me approx 50 feet through a busy intersection before the bike finally dumps. How nobody hit me coming the other way I'll never know.

I actually didn't know how the accident happenned at all. I was sitting there when suddenly, to me, the bike just took off like a bat out of hell, with me hanging on for dear life trying to keep it rubber side down and under control with the bike swinging wildly underneath me. Finally I lost it and down it went, smacking my head pretty hard off of the pavement. Plenty of witnesses who got me out of the middle of the road, and it was only then that I learned what happenned, the guy not only hit me, he was literally pushing me and the bike down the road in front of him. I I had gone down right away he would have just crushed me, just run right over the top of me.

: I had my head gear on, or I'd be gone.

I had a heavy leather motorcycle jacket on, and motorcycle pants which save me from some serious road rash.

I had on heavy leather motorcycle boots, with steel toes. At some point my leg must have been trapped under the bike because on my right boot toe the leather is completely gone, and about half of the steel, just ground right away. If that had been my foot in sneakers, I probably wouldn't have a foot right now.

End of the story, much confusion, police, ambulances, back boad, neck brace, clothes being cut off, iv. drips, x rays, yada yada yada. I'm banged up, my shoulder and left thumb are screwed up, but they've sent me home and it could have been so much worse.

Guys, even if you don't have to wear it, wear your gear.

Wow, glad you are ok Vic.

AGATT.
newcigarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #99
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPHOTO View Post

78 CB750

That thing is BOSS!

Vic, glad you are mostly OK. AGATT FTW! Even when it's 100+ out here I'll be in full leathers. You just never know when you are going to need it.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #100
ghostrider
Ridin the storm

First Name: Drew
Trading: (4)
Bolivar CoastGuard (Active)
ghostrider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nice!

Check out Mean City Cycles. I had my seat foam replaced with the memory foam/impact gel. I've since ridden it cross country with NO problems. I could barely last 30 minutes on the stock seat, now 8-10 hours is nothing.
ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote