Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Coffee Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2008, 06:29 AM   #1
Hardcz

Default A grown man nearly cried today

I woke up today, but was pretty excited because I was going to bring my french press to work, no more crappy work coffee for me!!!

I spent extra time and care cleaning and prepping my press, measuring out beans and grinding them to the best that my whirly grinder can do, and smelling the beautiful aromatic aromas...mmmmm fresh Uncle Beanz coffee... I'm happy this morning, genuinely happy.

I drive to work, pleasantly surprised to notice that the construction is done on the path going to work, no more stop and go traffic, two big beautiful lanes open and going quickly SCORE!!!!

I arrive at work, quickest I have since I started here, noting it's cold outside, but this is going to be a great day. I grab my french press, grab my laptop bag, stuff the coffee carefully into my fleece pocket, and head off. Did I mention that today is just so awesome?

As I approach the badge swipe I stumble ever so slightly on the gravel and pot hole patch in the parking lot...

STOP....

That's what happened, time stopped.... You know in movies where they go slow motion, and some guy go's NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and it drags out for literally 3 minutes? Well just imagine that happening to me. Why you're probably wondering. Well see when I did that stumble, I don't know how, but the press fell. It was a graceful yet fateful fall from glory. As the Bodum touched the ground, it shattered into more pieces than I can count, with a sickening sound. My 32 oz. Bodum French Press, that has been my best friend through two jobs, coming into the third, three moves, and so many memories.... was now..... dead.

I'm holding back tears even now. It's like losing a good friend. I'm not sure how I can replace it, they just don't make them like that anymore.

So with blurry eyes, I kneeled down in defeat, picking up the shattered pieces of my long time friend, carefully laying them into my hand. And as honorably as I could, I walked to the trash can to say my final respects. It was hard letting go, I didn't want to, it was too young to die! Why didn't the nasty coffee maker in the office go instead? It didn't and doesn't deserve the life it has. What did this young press ever do to deserve this?

*sigh* I'm sorry, I can't go on. This has been a traumatic event in my life. Thanks for taking a moment to share in my pain.