Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-24-2017, 07:39 PM   #21
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default Re: My Pictures of Space

Love it!!! Thanks for sharing

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:51 AM   #22
Footbag
I Need My Space

First Name: Adam
Trading: (7)
Partagas
Footbag will become famous soon enoughFootbag will become famous soon enough

Thanks again guys! Glad you enjoyed them!
Footbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:01 PM   #23
Greentud
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Michael
Trading: (0)
VR
Greentud is on a distinguished road

I noticed when I tapped on the first one a couple names appear for a couple of the nebula regions. NGC 2238 2237 and one other that is partially cut off. Pretty cool you were able to imbed them.
Greentud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:04 PM   #24
Footbag
I Need My Space

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greentud View Post
I noticed when I tapped on the first one a couple names appear for a couple of the nebula regions. NGC 2238 2237 and one other that is partially cut off. Pretty cool you were able to imbed them.
Actually the website I use to post them does that. I can do it using different softare. It's really nice for analyzing all objects in a widefield. There is so much up there!
Old 02-25-2017, 02:46 PM   #25
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

First Name: Bob
RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough

I vote for a version of the CA banner with the gang staring into the cosmos!
Wharf Rat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 05:44 PM   #26
RUNYYFan
Life, Liberty, Happiness

First Name: Marc
Trading: (0)
Partagas
RUNYYFan will become famous soon enough

Those are just gorgeous images! The skill... just wow! You are to be commended!
Old 02-28-2017, 09:04 PM   #27
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

OMG, Adam! You touched a spark deep inside. I had a rough few years in the mid-90s and the only and best thing I had was the cosmos. I made a barn door contraption and with the help of a small circuit board and a few electronics I had my simple creation tracking the sky. I spent many a night with my star charts, 8" Orion Dobsonion, Canon AE1, tripod, barndoor, filters, and hyper film. Got many nice comet, constellations, Messier object, and eclipse pictures. Nothing NEAR what you have! My experience with it has lasted a lifetime internally and showed me I was but a speck in the big machine of our Universe. It was literally life changing for me. Those three pictures are more beautiful than any I can remember seeing in any books I've collected. You've done a great job and have fascinating work. I know of only a little of what you've gone through and done and you've nailed it, my friend! Impressed is such a small word. Andromeda is now my desktop background. Stunning!
Old 02-28-2017, 09:09 PM   #28
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

The Fox Fur looks 3D.

http://www.astrobin.com/full/235677/D/
Old 03-01-2017, 08:16 AM   #29
Footbag
I Need My Space

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
OMG, Adam! You touched a spark deep inside. I had a rough few years in the mid-90s and the only and best thing I had was the cosmos. I made a barn door contraption and with the help of a small circuit board and a few electronics I had my simple creation tracking the sky. I spent many a night with my star charts, 8" Orion Dobsonion, Canon AE1, tripod, barndoor, filters, and hyper film. Got many nice comet, constellations, Messier object, and eclipse pictures. Nothing NEAR what you have! My experience with it has lasted a lifetime internally and showed me I was but a speck in the big machine of our Universe. It was literally life changing for me. Those three pictures are more beautiful than any I can remember seeing in any books I've collected. You've done a great job and have fascinating work. I know of only a little of what you've gone through and done and you've nailed it, my friend! Impressed is such a small word. Andromeda is now my desktop background. Stunning!
Yup. Similar to how I started! Of course technology is making it easier. Basically I'm 97% automated for my data acquisition. So I open my roof, flip a few switches and click start. Processing is another story. The biggest issue is waiting for good weather.

Glad to hear you've done some AP yourself. It's an amazing hobby and I'm always surprised that I'll be chatting with a Astro Dr from VA one day and an Astronomer from NASA the next. It's just a very open and sharing community.

Enjoy the desktop!