Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #1
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default 5 Vegas Classic Double Nickel

I pulled this one out of the humidor for a mid-afternoon smoke on the back porch. The wrapper was consistently colored with small veins. It was pretty firm to the touch with good spring. It clipped cleanly and had a very nice not too tight draw.

It fired up with lots of pleasant smoke. First 1/3 had a very good burn with light gray ash. A pretty peppery, spicy flavor with just a bit of wood. Second third the pepper settled into the background and the wood became more prominent. Had a pretty dry finish on the tongue. The last third changed again and had some nuttiness to it and even a little cream. The burn was right on throughout... no touch ups needed. I'd give it a 3 three out of five. Certainly one I would smoke again.
Smokin Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 5 Vegas Classic Double Nickel

Nice review. A little mild, but great smoke. One of my go-tos.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:49 PM   #3
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default Re: 5 Vegas Classic Double Nickel

Thanks for being real!!!

Nice smoke but nothing special!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote