Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 04-21-2010, 05:11 AM   #41
ChasDen

Default Re: Hard to say Goodbye

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
How many cigars will fit in a single and double tray

By the way those drawers are beautiful. those are making me reconsider getting a edgestar over an aristocrat
It all depends on the RG and the length. A single is right around an inch deep inside (a little less with a top) and a double is right around 3 inches deep inside. I have trays in my vino (an inch bigger than the edgestar trays) and get on average 25-30 in a single. I have a few doubles that I keep bundled cigars in for shop smoking and when it starts to run low I order 2-3 bundles. There is probably 20-30 or so left when I order so that's about 100 per drawer. I have guys reporting well over 100, but I would bet they are better at Tetris than I . On average I have my cigars 4 deep since I smoke more of the 40-50 RG cigars.

Chas
Old 04-21-2010, 09:33 AM   #42
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Nice work there, Chuck!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:35 AM   #43
chris66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasDen View Post
It all depends on the RG and the length. A single is right around an inch deep inside (a little less with a top) and a double is right around 3 inches deep inside. I have trays in my vino (an inch bigger than the edgestar trays) and get on average 25-30 in a single. I have a few doubles that I keep bundled cigars in for shop smoking and when it starts to run low I order 2-3 bundles. There is probably 20-30 or so left when I order so that's about 100 per drawer. I have guys reporting well over 100, but I would bet they are better at Tetris than I . On average I have my cigars 4 deep since I smoke more of the 40-50 RG cigars.

Chas
I tend to usually go with robusto's(5x50), toro's(6x50), and double coronas (6.5x44). So basically in these sizes each single will hold 25. How many single drawers will fit in an edgestar?. Also am I to assume that a double drawer will take up the same space as 2 single drawers?
Old 04-22-2010, 05:29 AM   #44
ChasDen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
I tend to usually go with robusto's(5x50), toro's(6x50), and double coronas (6.5x44). So basically in these sizes each single will hold 25. How many single drawers will fit in an edgestar?. Also am I to assume that a double drawer will take up the same space as 2 single drawers?
1 single tray per slot and 1 double per 2 slots.
There are 12 slots in an edgestar 28 bottle unit to work with.
12 Singles, 6 doubles or any combo that uses 12 slots.

Chas