Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Old 01-18-2010, 03:12 AM   #41
ahc4353

Default Re: Cigar Smoker Poking in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir13 View Post
6lbs of pipe gear en route
Now THAT'S funny as chit right there I don't care who you are!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:07 AM   #42
SilverFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir13 View Post
6lbs of pipe gear en route
ughh
Old 01-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #43
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
Nope apparently I am over. Seems a couple of the inmates decided to send me a care package............ughh

Now I need to know..........how do I store pipe tobacco??? I don't think storing it with my cigars is a good idea.

I have a 75 count that I am not using should I reseason it and store the tobacco in that???
Whatever you do, don't store pipe tobacco in a cigar humidor or you can kiss it goodbye as a cigar humi...I did that with a small humi intending to only keep it there for a few days...just a few sample baggies of different pipe tobaccos...forgot about it for several months...when I remembered it the humi reeked of pipe tobacco and I'm still trying to get the smell out after using baking soda, and then activated charcoal...got most of the smell out but it needs another go with the activated charcoal again before even thinking about putting cigars back in it...there are several sites where you can buy these little button humidifiers that you use with pg solution...drop one in each tin or bag of tobacco...also Iwan Ries has these little bricks that you do the same with...they're a little bigger so I use them with larger bags and tins...
Old 01-18-2010, 12:45 PM   #44
SilverFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
Whatever you do, don't store pipe tobacco in a cigar humidor or you can kiss it goodbye as a cigar humi...I did that with a small humi intending to only keep it there for a few days...just a few sample baggies of different pipe tobaccos...forgot about it for several months...when I remembered it the humi reeked of pipe tobacco and I'm still trying to get the smell out after using baking soda, and then activated charcoal...got most of the smell out but it needs another go with the activated charcoal again before even thinking about putting cigars back in it...there are several sites where you can buy these little button humidifiers that you use with pg solution...drop one in each tin or bag of tobacco...also Iwan Ries has these little bricks that you do the same with...they're a little bigger so I use them with larger bags and tins...
The 75 ct will likely never have cigars in it again. I have a 4500 count aristocrat that will serve fine for that.

I am thinking of using my 75ct for my pipe tobacco and just not humidify it. Also since all the tobacco is in tins or bags will it be ok to store the pipes in there as well?

Thanks to all for being patient with all my questions
Old 01-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #45
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough

Just my opinion based on what I did, but all the tobaccos seemed to blend flavors...when I went to taste them they all seemed about the same but these were in plastic baggies...in tins I guess it would be okay...dunno if I'd stash my pipes in the same place as they need to dry out between smokes and I think sticking them in a humi would impede their drying...you can get an inexpensive rack on ebay...
Old 01-18-2010, 02:53 PM   #46
SilverFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
Just my opinion based on what I did, but all the tobaccos seemed to blend flavors...when I went to taste them they all seemed about the same but these were in plastic baggies...in tins I guess it would be okay...dunno if I'd stash my pipes in the same place as they need to dry out between smokes and I think sticking them in a humi would impede their drying...you can get an inexpensive rack on ebay...
Cool more good information. Thank you sir.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #47
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

you want to keep your pipes out in open so that the air can help keep the pipes smelling and tasting fresh. think about how a stale cigar smells when it's kept in a car or such, your pipe will have a similar smell if you keep them in a closed space. I don't even like to keep mine in my pipe bag for too long
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #48
Curly Cut
Not Scary

Trading: (9)
Curly Cut is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
you want to keep your pipes out in open so that the air can help keep the pipes smelling and tasting fresh. think about how a stale cigar smells when it's kept in a car or such, your pipe will have a similar smell if you keep them in a closed space. I don't even like to keep mine in my pipe bag for too long
word.
when i travel, i put my pipes in their pipe bags, then fit 2 of them in each pipe box, then it goes in a travel humi (use to be used for cigars). by the time i'm done with a herf, the pipe bags/boxes stink.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #49
SilverFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Cut View Post
word.
when i travel, i put my pipes in their pipe bags, then fit 2 of them in each pipe box, then it goes in a travel humi (use to be used for cigars). by the time i'm done with a herf, the pipe bags/boxes stink.
Seems I need to get a rack of sorts for my pipes then.

They won't stink up a room after will they..............if so I need be prepared for my darling wife to mention something
Old 01-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #50
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
Seems I need to get a rack of sorts for my pipes then.

They won't stink up a room after will they..............if so I need be prepared for my darling wife to mention something
Invest in some nice candles, I always light one after I finished smoking, takes care of the odor while they dry
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #51
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

no they shouldn't stink up anything shawn, just make sure you giv it a good cleaning out with cleaners. it'll have a little smell for a while but it'll go away after no too long
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:25 AM   #52
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Now THAT'S funny as chit right there I don't care who you are!

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #53
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

I'd like to say that this thread has been a fascinating and informative read. However, one slope is bad enough. Therefore, I am placing all of you on ignore. That is all.

Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #54
ahc4353

Just finshed a bowl of Davidoff Scottish blend that Fox sent in my starter kit. Ummmmmm good!! Now trying a bowl of squadron Leader from Samuel Gawith. Very nice, not as strong as I expected based on how it smells in the tin. Damn this is fun!
Old 01-30-2010, 12:00 PM   #55
JaKaacH
ROCK Chalk JAYHAWK K U

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (32)
RA
JaKaacH has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Just finshed a bowl of Davidoff Scottish blend that Fox sent in my starter kit. Ummmmmm good!! Now trying a bowl of squadron Leader from Samuel Gawith. Very nice, not as strong as I expected based on how it smells in the tin. Damn this is fun!
Good choice Al. The Davidoff Scottish mixture is one of my favorites.

With the threat of new, higher taxes for pipe baccy I think I need to order a few tins.