Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-24-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Cain Maduro vs. La Floridita Maduro

Fired up a Cain maduro robusto and immediately found it lacking. I wondered if it was just my tastebuds, so I figured why not fire up a La Floridita maduro and smoke them side by side.

Nope, my tastebuds aren't fried. The Cain just has no flavor. Some wood flavor in the intial draw and through the nose, but no depth or dimension at all.

With the La Floridita, I get sweetness on the draw, wood and spice through the nose, and a tart cocoa on the finish.

La Floridita = perfect draw, a few burn touchups
Cain = perfect draw and burn

La Floridita maduro = $1.59/stick
Cain maduro = $5/stick

La Floridita = Winner
Cain = Loser

Old 10-24-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cain Maduro vs. La Floridita Maduro

People Jock Cain like nobodies business.... All Hype in my opinion. Decent smoke.. but nothing special... Literally just the new "flavor of the week"...

Day old cupcakes if you ask me!
Old 10-24-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice comparison...I am a fan of both sticks. Hell, I am a fan of most maduros period!!
Old 10-24-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
SkinsFanLarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Nice comparison...I am a fan of both sticks. Hell, I am a fan of most maduros period!!
The know what a big maddie fan you are Mac....if you haven't tried it yet you "need" to try the 601 Maduro BP Blue....I was very surprised how good it is and have added it to my regular rotation of maduro smokes....and I love the Cain Maduro!
Old 10-24-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFanLarry View Post
The know what a big maddie fan you are Mac....if you haven't tried it yet you "need" to try the 601 Maduro BP Blue....I was very surprised how good it is and have added it to my regular rotation of maduro smokes....and I love the Cain Maduro!
Larry...I have long since sampled the flavor treat that is the 601 Blue...DAMN FINE tasty stick indeed.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Interesting. I tried a Cain, and found it much the same - lackluster and flavorless. Or course, mine was a Habano. Only thing is, I sent one to someone else before I smoked the one I got. So, I hope they are not to disappointed.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:04 PM   #7
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Interesting. I tried a Cain, and found it much the same - lackluster and flavorless. Or course, mine was a Habano.

I tried one of those too, and also found it bland and one-dimensional.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #8
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

First Name: Scott
Trading: (13)
poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough

Being a fan of Nub, I REALLY wanted to like the Cain. I have smoked a bunch of each blend. EVERY ONE of them had construction issues and split on me. The flavors were not all that. I have found that I can get a Tabacos Baez SF, or Benchmade and get ALOT more flavor, for ALOT less money. Bums me out, because I really wanted to like the Cain.
Scott

Bearded Dad Blog
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #9
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough

It looks like the general consensus is that these are not that good. So I fired one up tonight anyways, the maduro. My thoughts are absolutely no taste from beginning to end. I think I would have rather had a pouch of Backwoods. The construction was good and burned nice but this thing was a dog rocket.
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:11 AM   #10
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

I really liked the Cain Habano, but found the Maduro to be on the bland side of yuck.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:13 AM   #11
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough

I will have to try the habano then. The maduro just looked so tasty with that almost black wrapper.
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote