Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 05-21-2015, 02:17 PM   #1
rwiiames
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Wes
Trading: (0)
rwiiames is on a distinguished road
Default Let the Wineador Project Begin

I just bought a Whynter 20-Bottle Wine Cooler from some guy who said he and his wife got it as an anniversary present for $100, and they don't drink wine! He had it plugged in and running when I got there, and it was at 54 degrees. The spec sheet says it is adjustable from 46-65, so I think I'll be in great shape once I get some shelves and drawers in it.

I started my journey in January with a 40-count humidor, and so far I have 25 sticks in it and I'm miserable every time I look in it. It's such a disorganized mess. Plus I keep getting offered such great deals from CI and others, I can't justify buying my sticks one at a time from the B&M. I have to do something.

Unfortunately, this comes on the day before I start my vacation, and for vacation I'm ripping out the kitchen cabinets and installing new ones. I'm doing the work myself because the contractor wanted nearly four times the cost of the cabinets to do the removal and install. I assured my wife that I could handle the carpentry. For now the future wineador sits in the basement under the security of an old comforter. Hopefully I'll have the kitchen done by Wednesday and then I can start planning a permanent home for my wineador.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:32 PM   #2
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Let the Wineador Project Begin

Congratulations on your wine-cooler find and good luck on your remodel!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:06 PM   #3
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Sounds like a fun project
Old 05-21-2015, 08:02 PM   #4
stevef2005
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (4)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
stevef2005 will become famous soon enough

I cannot wait to see the pictures when you got it all done!!!
stevef2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:19 PM   #5
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

We're visual folk; we like purty pictures!
Old 05-22-2015, 10:09 AM   #6
rwiiames
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Wes
Trading: (0)
rwiiames is on a distinguished road

Here you go, James, I tried to post pics here and it didn't work, so I created an album called ...... Drumroll, please ........ Wineador. Put up a couple pics with it hiding in an undisclosed location.

As for the details, it's a 20 Bottle Whynter, WC201-TD and I paid $100 for it. I checked online and found prices from $192 - $229, so I think I did ok. As I said it was running and the light works. The inside is pristine and has very little odor, and there's only a little dust and a couple of scratches on the outside. I'll have more details as things progress. Once I get the kitchen done, I'll figure out where it's going to go and order some trays and beads.