ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Clemens Dodges A Rocket!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
I would love to see him heavily fined or getting his butt sent to jail but that is a double standard. He is getting nailed for lying to Congress. What do they do to us on a daily basis?
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #22
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Paul.
Plus Clemens is a douche, but he was an awesome ball player. I absolutely loved him, he gave it 110% every time he was out there (unless he was having a tantrum).
I had no idea there was a place for the truth in Congress, that must be a special standard for real people who haven't made their living lying. And the waste of money?
The whole thing just makes my head spin from the stupidity. You'd think they'd start to get it that no one cares anymore, not even a little bit. Talk about beating a dead horse.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #23
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
I'd rather see Rose in the HOF then Clemens.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #24
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Let it be known that I'd settle for MLB to Pete Rose him....
Quote:

Do I think Clemens is guilty, not only of using PEDs but of lying to Congress? Yes. Do I think either of these allegations has yet been proven? No.

Do I think Pete Rose did something that Roger Clemens never did . . . violate a written rule of MLB, and in his case one which has become the one inviolate cardinal rule since the Black Sox scandel over a century ago? Yes. Do I think Rose lied about that in his repeated denials against all evidence to the contrary? Yes.

I am no Clemens fan, and if he's denied the Hall Of Fame due to these allegations, be they ever proven or not, then so be it. But I shall never . . . NEVER! . . . understand why Pete Rose supporters are so willing to overlook both his "crime" and his overweening, all-encompassing @$$holeness. Ty Cobb was a bigger jerk than Pete Rose, but not by much.

That's my , and worth every penny.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #25
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Ty Cobb was a bigger jerk than Pete Rose, but not by much.
Isn't Ty Cobb in the HOF?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #26
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Isn't Ty Cobb in the HOF?
Yes, he certainly is. And I won't deny that both he and Rose have the stats to justify inclusion. But so does Clemens. So hold whatever opinion you choose on the "morality clause" when it comes to HoF election. All I ask is that one be consistent. Do not lobby to exclude Clemens and push for Rose to be inducted, in nearly the same breath.

It is illogical, Captain.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:37 PM   #27
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Yes, he certainly is. And I won't deny that both he and Rose have the stats to justify inclusion. But so does Clemens. So hold whatever opinion you choose on the "morality clause" when it comes to HoF election. All I ask is that one be consistent. Do not lobby to exclude Clemens and push for Rose to be inducted, in nearly the same breath.

It is illogical, Captain.
I never said one word against Clemens being in the HOF, here or elsewhere. I think Rose deserves it more than Clemens, but I never said Clemens should be excluded.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:52 PM   #28
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Free Pete!

I may be the only one here that hopes Clemens gets off Scott free, b/c I think it was a joke for congress to investigate baseball. They may be douchebags, but Clemens and Bonds should NEVER have been put in those situations. Its just a game!

And I also think that all the media's issues with steroids in sports is a big hypocrisy.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:22 AM   #29
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
I may be the only one here that hopes Clemens gets off Scott free, b/c I think it was a joke for congress to investigate baseball. They may be douchebags, but Clemens and Bonds should NEVER have been put in those situations. Its just a game!
Clemens put himself in the situation.... He wanted to and ask to be there...

I do not believe it is just a game..... It is a business, BIG BUSINESS....it is the exact reason the owners of two of the 4 major sports, have stopped business and locked the players out.

Billion dollar corporations that use public resources need to have governmental scrutiny, IMO.

If you are going to let Pete in, you have to let Shoeless Joe in.....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:10 AM   #30
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Do I think Clemens is guilty, not only of using PEDs but of lying to Congress? Yes. Do I think either of these allegations has yet been proven? No.

Do I think Pete Rose did something that Roger Clemens never did . . . violate a written rule of MLB, and in his case one which has become the one inviolate cardinal rule since the Black Sox scandel over a century ago? Yes. Do I think Rose lied about that in his repeated denials against all evidence to the contrary? Yes.

I am no Clemens fan, and if he's denied the Hall Of Fame due to these allegations, be they ever proven or not, then so be it. But I shall never . . . NEVER! . . . understand why Pete Rose supporters are so willing to overlook both his "crime" and his overweening, all-encompassing @$$holeness. Ty Cobb was a bigger jerk than Pete Rose, but not by much.That's my , and worth every penny.

Pete Rose never beat the sh!t out of a man in a wheelchair because he was called a name, like Ty Cobb did. That being said, Pete Rose did violate a cardinal rule, and he knew the consequences.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #31
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I think Charlie Hustle should be president of something, and definately in the HoF. He came clean. My guess is that they'll award him posthumously so he can never get a sniff of whatever wonderfulness comes from being an inductee.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #32
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Pete the manager violated the rules of baseball.
Pete the player deserves to be in the HoF.

I'm not saying this just b/c I'm a Reds fan. I would have the same pov if it was Ty Cobb in the same situation. Or Ozzy Smith, or Jeter, or Ted Williams.

But this isn't a Pete Rose thread, so I'll leave it be from here.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote