Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 09-21-2010, 06:24 AM   #1
Parshooter
I'm a friend of Gary S

First Name: Marc
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
Parshooter will become famous soon enough
Default The Event

A new show on NBC, Monday at 9:00. Watched the premire last night and I'm totally confused (yeah, so what else is new).
I don't get the young couple on the cruise, why the girl went missing and why their room was re-occupied and all their info was gone. I know that she is the daughter of the pilot that took over the plane, but what did they have to do with any of that? I'm sure that will probably be explained in future episodes, but I want to know NOW!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 06:31 AM   #2
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Event

I thought maybe the Dad/Pilot was one of the escaped prisoners? Gonna have to watch it again, the whole 'Pulp Fiction' timeline was a little confusing. The agent had told the 'Leader' in Alaska that they had found someone 'hiding in plain sight' but I didn't pay attention to the timeline of it.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:40 AM   #3
Parshooter
I'm a friend of Gary S

Bolivar

Yes, the time-line thing was really confusing. Gotta stay sober to watch this one
Old 09-21-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

I'm thinking this is another "Lost" type of show. Watched the pilot last night. I'm not up for another confusion show like Lost. I'll give it one more show to answer questions, but if each show creates more questions than answers, I'll have to remove it from the dvr queue.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #5
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

I just want to know what the Event is and save me the hassle.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

First Name: Gary
Trading: (0)
VTDragon is on a distinguished road

I thought it showed lots of potential. It is refreshing for me to watch a network show that I have to pay attention to instead of the usual crap they produce that you can watch while doing somthing else and not miss a beat. I just hope that it does not go the way of last season's Fast Forward that got canceled before tying up its' plot lines.

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
VTDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #7
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Flash Forward started out great, too bad they didn't make better use of it. Part of its problem was the hiatus. It was too long and there were too few episodes before the break.

As for The Event, I'm cool with shows that keep me guessing. Beats the overload of 'reality' shows that are taking over TV. Or how about just moving a TV show to another town and calling it completely different show? What's next? ER: New York? or Cougar Town: Denver!

Network TV in general just plain sucks. I just hope The Event doesn't end up sucking, or worse, its a great show and gets canceled anyway. But that is usually Fox that does that.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #8
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

I caught the repeat on Saturday, looks interesting. I may check out the second ep tomorrow night. Sheen phoned it in last week for 2 1/2 Men, and Mike & Molly is one of my picks for quickest cancellation this season.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:55 AM   #9
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

****SPOILERS******

After watching the 1st episode again, I was pretty sure the pilot/dad is not one of them, and the second episode confirmed that.

So its still up in the air as to who the prisoners are, but I am leaning towards future-humans who have evolved or had their DNA modified.

As for who blackmailed the pilot into flying the plane into the Prez, I am still clueless, and if Sophia's people on the outside saved the Prez and transported the plane to the desert, was it the assassin group who came in helicopters to kill the passengers? Or Sophia's ppl?

I shouldn't have deleted episode 2 after only 1 viewing

Old 09-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #10
Parshooter
I'm a friend of Gary S

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
****SPOILERS******
After watching the 1st episode again, I was pretty sure the pilot/dad is not one of them, and the second episode confirmed that.

So its still up in the air as to who the prisoners are, but I am leaning towards future-humans who have evolved or had their DNA modified.

As for who blackmailed the pilot into flying the plane into the Prez, I am still clueless, and if Sophia's people on the outside saved the Prez and transported the plane to the desert, was it the assassin group who came in helicopters to kill the passengers? Or Sophia's ppl?

I shouldn't have deleted episode 2 after only 1 viewing
I'm sure the pilot is not one of them, he had to fly the plane to save his daughters. I think the prisoners are some sort of aliens. Also not sure who wanted the president dead, can't be the prisoners cause he was gonna set them free (I believe this was said in epi 1). The assassin group will remain a mystery for a couple more episodes.
Before the 2nd episode I said that I would give the show some more time before I give up on it, I'm definitly sticking with it for the end of the season, then probably more.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:20 PM   #11
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

Trading: (79)
PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
Flash Forward started out great, too bad they didn't make better use of it. Part of its problem was the hiatus. It was too long and there were too few episodes before the break.

As for The Event, I'm cool with shows that keep me guessing. Beats the overload of 'reality' shows that are taking over TV. Or how about just moving a TV show to another town and calling it completely different show? What's next? ER: New York? or Cougar Town: Denver!

Network TV in general just plain sucks. I just hope The Event doesn't end up sucking, or worse, its a great show and gets canceled anyway. But that is usually Fox that does that.

on all 3 points.
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #12
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parshooter View Post
Also not sure who wanted the president dead, can't be the prisoners cause he was gonna set them free (I believe this was said in epi 1). The assassin group will remain a mystery for a couple more episodes.
My guess at this point is that the assassins are extremists among Sophia's people. She did say that some of them have run out of patience...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-28-2010, 03:48 PM   #13
stevefrench
Green Bastard

First Name: Albert
Trading: (21)
Montecristo
stevefrench has disabled reputation

****SPOILER******

'The Event' sucks!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:36 AM   #14
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
I'm thinking this is another "Lost" type of show. but if each show
creates more questions than answers, I'll have to remove it from the dvr queue.
You know that's right. I will never again get hooked up on a show that wastes
that much of my life for no payoff whatsoever.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:36 AM   #15
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

First Name: Gary
Trading: (0)
VTDragon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
My guess at this point is that the assassins are extremists among Sophia's people. She did say that some of them have run out of patience...
Posted via Mobile Device
Or, a goverment group bent on having the "aliens" take the fall for the assasination of the President. Remember, the President only found out about them because he insisted that he NEEDED to know.

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
VTDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #16
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Interesting link.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-12-2010, 01:26 AM   #17
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
This is what I gather. So far I'm hooked! As long as it keeps going the way it is I'll keep watching...very addictive.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:35 AM   #18
BluesGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
You know that's right. I will never again get hooked up on a show that wastes
that much of my life for no payoff whatsoever.
Yep....one Lost was enough for me
Old 10-12-2010, 04:50 AM   #19
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
This is what I gather. So far I'm hooked! As long as it keeps going the way it is I'll keep watching...very addictive.
I Watch It Every Week!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #20
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about

Lost clone!