Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #1
badbriar

Default El Centurion

I like to tell the end of a great story first and thereby, ruin the anticipation. This is one fantastic cigar. Personally, I'm not a fan of all the Don Pepin Garcias offerings, but this is one of his biggest hits yet.
The Centirion is re- released from an initial limited run from a few years back. IMHO, this stick performs a lot like a good maduro, with a faded criolo wrapper. Construction on the four samples were all very well done, without flaws. Cutting and pre-light draw were easy and slightly loose with a flavor of good things to follow (like I prefer my women). After respectfully toasting, initial flavors came on quick and smooth - big unsweetened chocolate/coffee/smoooooth tobacco. Lots of smoke with light grey ash that hung on for about an inch & a half, and then dropped in my lap. My bad for not paying better attention. Flavors changed periodically from slightly sweet coffee/expresso/leather/good smooth dark tobacco. (What the hell dark tobacco tastes like, I have no flippin' idea, but that is the closest description I can think of). Smooth, easy draw with no touch-ups needed at all. Very creamy smoke with no harshness and little pepper that I could identify. An added plus is that this stick does not leave one with a dog rocket taste on the palate! Took this gem down to the nub. That's getting to be an unusual habit lately with the recent good cigars I've run across.
All in all, this is absolutely one of my favorite cigars. Stocked up the wineador after enjoying these. Highly recommended.
As usual, please understand this is just my 2c and excuse any misspellings, either intentional or just out of pure stupidity...
RR