Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-09-2011, 07:01 AM   #1
Tiny Tim

Default Don Pepin Garcia Los Imperialistas

Don Pepin Garcia Los Imperialistas torpedo (6 1/8 x 52)

Complete blog review with video here: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/2011...rialistas.html

Wrapper: Cuban-seed Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan

The cigar is quite dark. The test draw was a tad firm. I like to cut a torpedo at an angle to give more surface area to draw through. The first draws had citrus spice and some leather. I let the cigar rest for a minute to develop.

About 3/4 inch in the flavors were coffee, cinnamon, a mix of citrus, and some almond, some vanilla, and what appear to be some tea notes with good black pepper. The finish was long with vanilla notes and some pepper. The ash was tight. So far this is not a typical Pepin cigar.

Close to the midpoint the flavors settled into coffee, orange citrus, and almond. The pepper is subtle for a Pepin cigar. The finish is still one of vanilla and some hints of almond with some lingering pepper. The burn was perfect.

At the midpoint vanilla appeared. There is still black coffee, orange citrus and now vanilla. The cigar is rather complex. It keeps changing.

Just a little further along the vanilla became very rich. That is yet another change. The flavors now are coffee, orange citrus and rich vanilla.

In the final stages the cigar did not change much from the last report. The cigar has made several changes throughout the smoke. The cigar finished with black coffee, orange citrus and rich vanilla. The finish is one of vanilla and lingering pepper. The cigar was medium to full bodied. This cigar is not like any other Pepin cigar I've had. It's quite complex. It is very tasty. I very much enjoyed the cigar.

Score: 92
Old 05-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Don Pepin Garcia Los Imperialistas

Sounds very good. Thanks for the review....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:03 AM   #3
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the review Tim. Nice blog site you have there too
Old 05-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #4
burnem
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ernie
Trading: (3)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
burnem is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Don Pepin Garcia Los Imperialistas

These sound great and great review. I'm a big Pepin fan so any idea where these can be had?
burnem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #5
Tiny Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnem View Post
These sound great and great review. I'm a big Pepin fan so any idea where these can be had?
I didn't find any place online. I got these at a local shop. My guess is you can find them at some local shops but I'll bet they are not widely available.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
Pat1075
Feeling at Home

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (11)
HUpmann
Pat1075 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the review. I'm going to keep my eye open for these they sound fantastic.
Pat1075 is offline   Reply With Quote