Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 10-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice
Default WTF?! News

Pretty self-explanatory, just post odd stories that make you ask, "WTF?!"
First up:
Mark Sanchez eats a hot dog. ESPN and USA Today are posting this as some sort of controversy. Really? What's next, a congressional hearing on farting in the huddle?
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
St. Lou Stu
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tim
Trading: (21)
HdM
St. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: WTF?! News

Funny you should mention....

Pretending to play golf since 1989

Last edited by St. Lou Stu; 10-26-2009 at 12:57 PM.
St. Lou Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (12)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
TheTraveler has a spectacular aura aboutTheTraveler has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
Pretty self-explanatory, just post odd stories that make you ask, "WTF?!"
First up:
Mark Sanchez eats a hot dog. ESPN and USA Today are posting this as some sort of controversy. Really? What's next, a congressional hearing on farting in the huddle?
Posted via Mobile Device
Even more amazing to me is his response: (taken from the article you linked to)

His comments:

"I want to apologize for that. I wasn't feeling very good and didn't eat much before the game, so I was feeling a little queasy. Toward the end of the game, I probably should have eaten one of those bars or something, but someone offered (a hot dog), so I grabbed it and tried to be discreet about it, but obviously not discreet enough. So I shouldn't have done that, and it won't happen again."

Did you catch that? He A P O L O G I Z E D for eating when he was hungry!!!

I don't even apologize when I fart in an elevator, let alone for eating when I'm hungry. His response should have been, "WTF do you care? I was hungry and I ate something. Piss off."
Old 10-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
Dux
Lebowski Urban Achiever!

Trading: (24)
Partagas
Dux has disabled reputation

A man has been arrested in Norway trying to smuggle two dozen snakes and geckos into the country by hiding them under his clothes.

Customs agent Helge Breilid said Monday the 22-year-old Norwegian citizen was apprehended in the southern town of Kristiansand after getting off a ferry from Hirtshals, Denmark.

He said the man had 14 royal pythons and 10 albino leopard geckos under his clothes.

Breilid said the non-venomous snakes - the smallest species in the python family - were hidden in stockings duct-taped to the man's abdomen.

The geckos were in boxes taped to his thighs.

Customs officials found the reptiles, which are not endangered, Sunday during a search following the discovery of a tarantula in one of the man's bags.
Dux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough

Nobody can resist a ball park frank
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #6
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Lindsay Lohan is suing E-Trade for $100 million over the "milkaholic" baby commercial. Apparently, she's so famous that everyone associates her with any use of the name Lindsay.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #7
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Lindsay Lohan is suing E-Trade for $100 million over the "milkaholic" baby commercial. Apparently, she's so famous that everyone associates her with any use of the name Lindsay.
Posted via Mobile Device
She needs to go back to being a (you know what). I never associated that commercial with her. This is just to get her name run in the papers/internet.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:41 AM   #8
Kreth
Ronin smoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
She needs to go back to being a (you know what).
Untalented skank? I mean, she's basically Paris Hilton without the rich family.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2010, 09:44 AM   #9
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Untalented skank? I mean, she's basically Paris Hilton without the rich family.
Posted via Mobile Device
Exactly
Old 03-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #10
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

She's reaching big time here....must be running low on cash!
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #11
yellowgoat

everything I hear or read on the news makes me say WTF?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:10 AM   #12
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowgoat View Post
everything I hear or read on the news makes me say WTF?

I don't even call it the news anymore. I call it the bad news. I avoid it like the plague. The newspaper, too. I'm way happier.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #13
srduggins
Feeling at Home

First Name: steve
Trading: (37)
LGC
srduggins will become famous soon enoughsrduggins will become famous soon enough

At breakfast with my 18 year old son this morning I heard a couple of news items that made me say, WTF.

The first one was asking at what age do you give your children access to your credit cards??

The 2nd concerned the arresting of Jon Venables for child ****ography - who was originally arrested as one of two 10 year olds who killed a 2 year old.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/ma...-****-offences
srduggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #14
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by srduggins View Post
At breakfast with my 18 year old son this morning I heard a couple of news items that made me say, WTF.

The first one was asking at what age do you give your children access to your credit cards??

The 2nd concerned the arresting of Jon Venables for child ****ography - who was originally arrested as one of two 10 year olds who killed a 2 year old.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/ma...-****-offences
Sad story.
The link doesn't work, I had to replace the **** in the url with p orn without the space. It's a banned word here, rightfully so.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #15
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla695 View Post
She's reaching big time here....must be running low on cash!
She snorted all of her money up her nose. Remember when she got busted for cocaine possession and she said she was wearing someone else's pants?
Old 03-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #16
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

OK, I'll play
========

http://keysnews.com/node/21349

FHP: Driver lacked razor-sharp focus
BY ADAM LINHARDT Citizen Staff

As authorities nationwide warn motorists of the dangers of driving while texting, Florida Keys law enforcement officers add a new caution: Don't try to shave your privates, either.

Florida Highway Patrol troopers say a two-vehicle crash Tuesday at Mile Marker 21 on Cudjoe Key was caused by a 37-year-old woman driver who was shaving her bikini area while her ex-husband took the wheel from the passenger seat.

"She said she was meeting her boyfriend in Key West and wanted to be ready for the visit," Trooper Gary Dunick said. "If I wasn't there, I wouldn't have believed it. About 10 years ago I stopped a guy in the exact same spot ... who had three or four syringes sticking out of his arm. It was just surreal and I thought, 'Nothing will ever beat this.' Well, this takes it."

If that weren't enough, Megan Mariah Barnes was not supposed to be driving and her 1995 Ford Thunderbird was not supposed to be on the road.

The day before the wreck, Barnes was convicted in an Upper Keys court of DUI with a prior and driving with a suspended license, said Monroe County Assistant State Attorney Colleen Dunne. Barnes was ordered to impound her car, and her driver's license was revoked for five years, after which time she must have a Breathalyzer ignition interlock device on any vehicle she drives, Dunne said. Barnes also was sentenced to nine months' probation.

Barnes and Charles Judy were southbound in her Thunderbird at 11 a.m. when they slammed into the back of a 2006 Chevrolet pickup driven by David Schoff of Palm Bay. His passengers were a man and two women; the latter were treated for minor injuries at Lower Keys Medical Center, FHP spokesman Alex Annunziato said.

Schoff had slowed to about 5 mph to make a turn when the Thunderbird hit him, traveling about 45 mph, which was within the speed limit, Dunick said.

Barnes allegedly drove another half-mile, then switched seats with Judy, who allegedly claimed to be driving, Annunziato said.

"She jumps in the back seat and he moves over," Dunick said. "It was like the old comedy bit, 'Who's on first?' "

Burns on Judy's chest from the passenger-side airbag deploying belied their story, Dunick said. The airbag in the steering wheel did not deploy, he said.

Troopers charged Barnes with driving with a revoked license, reckless driving, leaving the scene of a wreck with injuries and driving with no insurance. Judy was not charged.

Barnes faces a maximum of a year in jail if found guilty of violating her probation due to the wreck, Dunne said.

"My phone has been ringing off the hook all day, and I know there's a funny side to this, but it's also deadly serious. This is a scary road and a lot of bad wrecks are caused by dumb stuff like this," Dunick said. "It is unbelievable. I'm really starting to believe this stuff only happens in the Keys."