Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #1
sweater914
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
sweater914 is on a distinguished road
Default Noob Nicaraguan 90+ Rated 2nds Review

I purchased these in petite corona and robusto sizes as my first purchase from CI. So far I've enjoyed the petite corona size, I've had 4 or 5 out of 15. The flavor maybe a bit one dimensional but solid, for $1.30 a stick and 30-35 minutes burn satisfying.

This was the first petite corona sized stick I've smoked, one of the things that isn't mentioned is the need to adjust your draw to the cigar you're smoking. The draw used on a toro sized stick is inappropriate for a petite, the first couple I drew to much per puff. Slowing down and lighter puffs improved the experience.

So far these sticks have produced an even burn, good ash and steady smoke. I hesitate to include taste but notes of pepper, cocoa in the last 1/3. Again, not a mind blowing smoke, for a $1.30 hard to go wrong.
sweater914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:23 AM   #2
Crownedone
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Stephen
Trading: (0)
Crownedone is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noob Nicaraguan 90+ Rated 2nds Review

I have purchased more cigars from CI then I want to count including The Nic 90+ seconds. Even though I enjoy a one dimensional cigar I Don't like the corona size, but prefer the robusto or toro. I believe the robusto size has the better balance of filler/ binder/ wrapper. you are right for the price, you cant go wrong. For just a few cents more give the ligero laced a try. Once I tried them, I never purchased the 90+ again. Just be aware that the ligero laced come in 3-4 profiles. make sure you get the one that suites your flavor and strength profile preference. Enjoy
Crownedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:19 PM   #3
Deitsch
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Scott
Trading: (0)
HUpmann
Deitsch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noob Nicaraguan 90+ Rated 2nds Review

Crownedone,

Did they taste different after sitting? After reading the posts I have a bundle inbound.
Deitsch is offline   Reply With Quote