Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-03-2009, 04:34 AM   #121
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone and a big TGIF!!!!!! I have to get going in a little bit for the Stadium Evac Exercise so just to recap last night, we had a great time. It was good to see LouieD and the rest of the Thursday night crowd. We defintely talked world news and enjoyed a few primo sticks while we were at it. We also discussed CigarFest 2009 and that our tickets arrived this week. We do have two of our brothers that are still looking for tickets so if anyone know of a couple that are available, please let me know. Well, I got to run and get ready for work so I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy.........

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 05:08 AM   #122
silentjon

Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

I definitely looking forward to Cigar Fest.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:31 AM   #123
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and I decided to sleep in a bit and catch up on some needed sleep. The coffee is on and I'm gonna make a nice eggs, bacon, toast, etc. breakfast for Beth and I in a few. I've got a little running around to do this morning and I'll probably stop by at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars afterwards. This afternoon I'll be watching the NASCAR Nationwide Series race from Texas Motor Speedway and most likely throw something tastey on the BBQ. I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys a few of your favorites as well........
Old 04-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #124
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Good morning all and I decided to sleep in a bit and catch up on some needed sleep. The coffee is on and I'm gonna make a nice eggs, bacon, toast, etc. breakfast for Beth and I in a few. I've got a little running around to do this morning and I'll probably stop by at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars afterwards. This afternoon I'll be watching the NASCAR Nationwide Series race from Texas Motor Speedway and most likely throw something tastey on the BBQ. I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys a few of your favorites as well........
Enjoy your saturday as well
Old 04-05-2009, 05:56 AM   #125
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair Espresso in on. Congrats to Michigan State and North Carolina both advancing to the Final game to see who will be the 2009 Champ this coming Monday evening. Today the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will be on at 1330 (1:30pm) on FOX. Hopefully Dale Earnhardt Jr. driving the #88 Amp/National Guard Chevrolet has a good day and finishes in the top 5 if not winning it all. As long as Kyle Busch doesn't win it or finish ahead of Junior, it's a good race in my opinion . Anyway, I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy it.........
Old 04-06-2009, 04:28 AM   #126
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and as always, the coffee is on. It was a great day yesterday weather wise, we had sun the entire day with temps in the low 60s. I started the day off with a trip to Adams Fairacre Farms Market where they have fresh fruits, vegies, etc. http://www.adamsfarms.com/foods.htm. Then it was time to kick back and get ready for the NASCAR Sprint Cup series race from Texas. I sat out on the back deck with a Partagas Serie D No.3 Edicion 2006 which was very tastey. Congrats to Jeff Gordon for the win and breaking a 47 race winless streak. Well, today is opening season for MLB and the Yankees take on the Baltimore Orioles at 1605 (4:05pm) at Camden Yards. Hopefully the game goes off as they are calling for 70% chance of rain with thunderstorms in the area. Anyway, I hope all of you have a great week and hopefully enjoy a few of your favorites through out it........
Old 04-07-2009, 04:40 AM   #127
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, yesterday was not a "Opening Day" for the Yankees as the Orioles beat them 10 - 5. On the other hand, Beth was happy to see the Mets win over the Reds, 2 - 1. Also, congrats to the UNC Tar Heels that beat the Michigan State Spartans 89 - 72 to claim the 2009 college basketball championship:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/gameTrax?gameId=200904060413&refreshRate=30&MSNHPH CP>1=39002

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys.......
Old 04-07-2009, 05:00 AM   #128
silentjon

Is it football season yet?
Old 04-08-2009, 04:53 AM   #129
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and Happy Hump Day!!! The coffee is on and it looks like bagels are on this morning's breakfast menu. Congrats to the UConn women as the won their 6th title and went 39 - 0 for the season:

http://espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=294000063

As far as today, both the Yankees and the Mets are on tonight at 1905 (7:05pm). It's good to see we are back to regular season for the MLB which means that the warmer weather is heading our way. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a favorite or two or.........
Old 04-09-2009, 03:55 AM   #130
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees are 0 and 2 and play again today at 1335 (1:35pm) live from Camden Yards. The Bombers were down 7 - 1 and all most came back and lost 7 - 5:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Well, today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoy cigars and a couple of cold ones while catching up on this week's world news. If you're free for a couple of hours and you're close by, come on over and join in on the fun. If you're not a local S/BOTL, I hope you have a great evening as well and enjoy.........
Old 04-10-2009, 04:03 AM   #131
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and a big TGIF!!!!!! We had a good time last night at Schlesingers enjoying primo sticks and the company of all the S/BOTL coming out. It was good seeing Beth (NotAquitter) out as she is normally busy on Thursday evenings along with a few other new faces. Well, it was good to see the Yankees win big yesterday 11 - 2 over the Orioles. Today they are playing at 1610 (4:10pm) versus the Royals out there in Kansas City. Hopefully they can keep the winning streak going through the weekend. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend and enjoys........

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 06:33 AM   #132
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and yes, the coffee is on this fine Saturday morning. Well, it was good to see the Yankees win again yesterday with a 4 - 1 victory over the Royales. They'll be back at it again tonight at 1910 (7:10pm) and lets keep the straek going. This afternoon there is a NASCAR Nationwide Series race on live from Nashville raceway at 1500 (3pm). So as long as the weather isn't too bad, I should be out on the back deck with the BBQ on and smoking a favorite stogie or two. I hope everyone has a super saturday and enjoys it as well........
Old 04-12-2009, 05:30 AM   #133
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. A big thumbs up for the Bronx Bombers at they won again 6 - 1 over the Royals giving CC Sabathia his 1st win of the season. They'll finish up their 3 game series today at 1410 (2:10pm) with Joba Chamberlain on the mound for the Yankees. Also yesterday, the NASCAR race from Nashville was an exciting one and a big thumbs up to Joey Logano for holding off his team mate Kyle Busch for the win. This morning we have a number of family members coming over for brunch so I better get going and help out Beth with what ever needs to get done. So I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a couple of your favorites.......

Happy Easter!!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 06:32 AM   #134
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Good morning and the Reds need to win today.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:55 AM   #135
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Well, yesterday's Yankees / Royals game was back and forth all through out it and the Royals went ahead in the bottom of the 8th and never looked back. Tonight they'll be in Tampa Bay at 1908 (7:08pm) with Wang starting on the mound for the Bombers. Either way we had a great day yesterday with a house full of family and friends over for brunch and then Beth and I went over in the afternoon to one of her sisters for Easter dinner. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it.........

Oh yeah, CigarFest 2009 is only 18 days away!!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 04:45 AM   #136
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, it was a major blow out for the Yankees last night with a 15 - 5 loss. The one thing that was cool though is Nick Swisher (outfielder / 1st baseman) got the chance to pitch the 8th inning and give the bullpen a break. He got the 3 outs needed and even recorded a strike out:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

They'll be back at it tonight again at 1908 (7:08pm) and hopefully the tides will change in the Bombers favor. Anyway, I hope all of you have a good day and enjoy........
Old 04-14-2009, 08:02 AM   #137
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Good morning and the Reds squeaked out another win thanks to a grand slam by Edwin Encarnacion.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:06 AM   #138
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, it was good to see the Yankees bounce back from that beating they received Monday evening with a win last night. A.J. Burnett had a no-hitter going into the 7th inning but a single stopped that and the final score was 7 - 2. They are back at it for one more today at 1608 (4:08pm) and hopefully they'll end up with another W before heading home for tomorrow's home opener in the brand new Yankees Stadium. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great "Hump Day" and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or........
Old 04-16-2009, 04:08 AM   #139
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and as always, the joe is brewin'. Well, since yesterday was Tax Day, I went to the "Tea Party of the Hudson Valley" last night with my boss. There was a good 3 to 4 thousand people in attendance and we got to exercise two of our Rights; Freedom of Speach & Assembly:

http://www.fishkillteaparty.com/

There must have been good karma in the air as the Bronx Bombers came back in the top of the 9th inning and won thier game 4 - 3. Today is "Opening Day" at the new Yankees Stadium, it would be great if they can keep the streak up and win today. Also, today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo sticks and friendship of our S / BOTL. If you're in the area stop on by and join in on the fun. Either way, I hope you have a great day and enjoy a favorite cigar as well.......
Old 04-17-2009, 06:06 AM   #140
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and I'm heading to Manhattan today with Beth in a little bit. We are going to spend the day in the city shopping (cigar store stops are mandatory), walking through Cental Park, having dinner at Mocha Hungarian http://local.yahoo.com/info-11136424...New+York%2C+NY and then stopping at a local watering hole for a couple of cold beers. We're going to stop by Nat Shermans and see the great folks there and see how the lounge ended up as the last time I was there it was still in the working progress. Well, yesterday the Yankees got there butts kicked and hopefully they rebound with a win today. Also last night we had a good time at Schlesingers, it was great to see Israel (uptown_isy) and all the regulars come out since the weather is getting nice out. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and TGIF........