Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Reviews

Old 05-30-2014, 07:22 PM   #1
badbriar

Default Col. & Rev review request...

Like your reviews. If you have them available, how about some reviews on some stout English blends? If you need some ammo, let me know!
RR
Old 06-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #2
CRIMPS
Benn/Seguin best friends

First Name: Zach
Trading: (50)
RA
CRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Col. & Rev review request...

I have just started into the world of pipes. I thoroughly have enjoyed these reviews. Well done, gents. Keep them coming!
Old 06-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #3
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

I'm game.

The only English I have in stock at the moment is Squadron Leader and Meat Pie. Neither I'd classify as "stout". I have been eying 965 and Nightcap. However, I don't know where on the spectrum 965 and say Frog Mortons lie... I could easily be talked into picking up another tin of tobacco upon a good recommendation though.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:19 PM   #4
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

I have some G&H Mixture #12. But, my stou English days are behind me - if by a stout English you mean heavy with Latakia? English blends according to the majority of global pips terms are those blends without any topnote, flavorongs. So, Virginias and Orientals without Latakia are also considered "English" blends.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:51 AM   #5
badbriar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz View Post
I'm game.

The only English I have in stock at the moment is Squadron Leader and Meat Pie. Neither I'd classify as "stout". I have been eying 965 and Nightcap. However, I don't know where on the spectrum 965 and say Frog Mortons lie... I could easily be talked into picking up another tin of tobacco upon a good recommendation though.
965 and Nightcap are absolutely superb blends!!! They are on the strong side flavor-wise and some will say they are also strong on the vitamin N side as well. Very few pipe tobaccos phase me much after enjoying cigars like the LFD line, etc. A recommendation on 965... let it age and mellow for a while before you bother with it. My first bowl full from a newly opened tin was IMHO, horrible. Tongue bite, scratchy throat - not good! Fast forward 4 months... smooth as a little kitten with awesome flavors. One of my favorites now. Nightcap is even darker and full of flavor.
RR