Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Dcm #5

Smoked a DCM #5 today and along with a Hemingway Signature & short story are kind of my favorite change of pace smoke when I'm not indulging my ravenous hunger for the dark side (which according to Darth Vader is the more powerful force in the universe and who am I to argue with that?) so I lit up and it was great. Started out smooth, sweet, creamy, with some spice and pepper. It was just about perfect for me and after about 1/4 into it........nothing! I mean absolutely nothing at all. I thought It might be my taste buds or maybe my sense of smell was a little fried which has been known to happen to me so I put it down and gave everything a rest. In that time though I checked if my nose was off and it wasn't along with my taste. So after about 30mins I relight and still got a big nothing. I got a little upset and kind of just persevered through it and at about the last 35% the awesome flavors came back. I finished and grabbed a Boli PC just because I thought maybe something was wrong with me but BAM! that Boli was perfect start to finish. Now I just picked up some DCM #5's a few days ago so I'm not sure how the rest will go but I'm definitely gonna give them some rest time I guess. Maybe it's just the one cigar or a box issue but just curious if anyone out there recently picked up some and were having any similar issues with them? I've never had this issue before with any DCM but for the price it really pissed me off but oh well I guess. You win some, you lose some.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #2
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Dcm #5

The DCM line is a special occasion cigar for me when I have them. One of the first cigars I smoked that made me say wow.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:20 AM   #3
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Dcm #5

One of my NC favs as well which is why it kind of freaked me out that I couldn't pick up anything on it after it started so well. This won't stop me from enjoying more or anything. I got them from my local B&M so there wasn't really a transport issue and having a need to rest them for a while in my humi. It should have been ready to go. Just a mystery I guess and when I did get those great flavors this smoke it was just spot on.