Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 11-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #761
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I'm going to die now.
Right after I drink a 30 ounce cup of grape water. Lol

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:48 AM   #762
kayaker

I checked in this morning. I glad I'm just under 240 but I really need to get my butt moving.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #763
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Insert quote here.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #764
kayaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Old 11-13-2009, 05:02 PM   #765
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I have gone from 184 up to 193.
I'm actually getting abs for the first time in my life. I skipped out on Physical Therapy this week because my back is so screwed up, gonna ice and get it under control and start back on Tuesday.
I had never noticed, but along the way my left leg ended up half the size of my right leg from guarding my back, and I've got about 1/4 of the strength in that leg. It's going to take a few more months before I get everything right and balance at a weight.
It's really difficult to walk and keep moving and do everything I need to do.
I've noticed that I've almost completely cut out red meat and almost completely given up grease, and I love grease.
I actually ordered fish at Ruby Tuesday's a few days ago. I think it's the first time I've ever ordered fish at a restaurant in my life.
Lisa is very good at helping me eat and making sure I eat. As a result, I feel a lot better at times. A few more dozen rounds of doctor appointments and I'm threatening to be in really good shape.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:36 AM   #766
kayaker

Still hovering around the 240 mark. Usually on the plus side. Shouldn't be surprised I guess. I still haven't made any commitment to exercise regularly.

I know. Just do it, right? I'll try to put together a set of simple home exercises and follow daily. Where's the jogging on the spot smiley?
Old 11-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #767
Cyanide

All of universal physics and biology seems to be working against me. I have religiously been putting in 10 km a day (except on the occasional Saturday I take off) along with 30 minutes weights and core....and I have been sitting at 217-218 for most of this year. I temporarilly dip down as far as 214 but that is usually accompanied by such an insanely voracious appetite that I just can't help myself. I think Ian and I have opposite problems, he can't get the exercise in, I can't sustain the dietary changes!

That being said, I don't mind if it takes another year to get to my goal of 208.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #768
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Slipped for a week and went up to 254. I've been back on track this week and am back to 248. Been to the gym this week which helped a bit. Let's see if I can make some progress in the next few weeks.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:51 AM   #769
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

245 today!

Insert quote here.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:18 AM   #770
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a little under 190 and holding fast.
I think the 184.6 was an anomally. I'd still like to see 180, and I will before too long.
I got fired from Physical Therapy cause I ended up in the Emergency Room on Tuesday, so I'm just gonna have to chill for a bit.
It's really tough losing weight laying on the couch eating peanut m&m's and watching Judge Judy.
I've increased my water intake to the point where I think I'm going to float away.
Yesterday my entire diet was a half a slice of pumpkin pie, four fun size snickers, and 3 peanut m&m's.
I had a couple cups of watered down coffee with milk, too.
That covers the entire food pyramid except for meat, vegetables and fruit.
Not bad.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #771
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
I'm a little under 190 and holding fast.
I think the 184.6 was an anomally. I'd still like to see 180, and I will before too long.
I got fired from Physical Therapy cause I ended up in the Emergency Room on Tuesday, so I'm just gonna have to chill for a bit.
It's really tough losing weight laying on the couch eating peanut m&m's and watching Judge Judy.
I've increased my water intake to the point where I think I'm going to float away.
Yesterday my entire diet was a half a slice of pumpkin pie, four fun size snickers, and 3 peanut m&m's.
I had a couple cups of watered down coffee with milk, too.
That covers the entire food pyramid except for meat, vegetables and fruit.
Not bad.
Pumpkin pie is a fruit. Just like potato chips are vegatables.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #772
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Pumpkin pie is a fruit. Just like potato chips are vegatables.
I just had a fun size Snickers, and parmasan noodles for lunch, so all I need is a raisin, and I'm good for the day.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:13 PM   #773
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
I just had a fun size Snickers, and parmasan noodles for lunch, so all I need is a raisin, and I'm good for the day.
Snickers: dairy and grain
Parmasan noodles: dairy and grain

raisin: fruit

You still need some meat. Eat one piece of beef jerky and you'll be ok, Scott.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:52 AM   #774
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

skinny bastards <3
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:01 AM   #775
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Hanging in at 245 for three days straight.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #776
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I was around 189 today. I ate very light.
Lisa and I went out to eat a few times this weekend and I ate almost nothing, just not hungry. I had some snacky stuff watching the Steelers lose today, and I'm all good.
I've seemed to level out appetite-wise again. I don't have one.
That makes things a lot easier.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #777
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Nervous about Thanksgiving weekend.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:32 PM   #778
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Thanksgiving put me back up to 250. Got some work to do now.

Insert quote here.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:11 AM   #779
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Still hanging in at around 190. I was at the doctor's yesterday and he drilled me about the weight loss, I told him how I did it and why. He was pleased.
I'd like to lose another 10, it's tough when it's so cold out.
It really takes a lot of patience to make sure I have my water with me all the time, too. I suppose I need to go to the store and get back on track.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:37 AM   #780
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
skinny bastards <3
i maintain
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote