Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 08-09-2009, 07:15 AM   #581
kayaker

Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I haven't seen that number since my freshman year of college, Scott.

Well, almost. Second year I went from 165 to 190 and haven't looked back since.

I'll never get that small again, unless I get sick or lose a leg.

I'll weigh in again this week but will have some work to do to not have a gain.

Need to get back into Muay Thai. Great cardio work out (my biggest weakness) and lots of fun.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:12 AM   #582
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I went to Kennywood Amusement park yesterday and ate everything in the world.
The day before I had a voracious apetite, too.
It's cause of this new TENS unit for my back. They say it works the muscles and releases endorphines like I'm getting a workout. Makes me tired and hungry.
It has really been a Godsend as far as the pain goes.
Today I'm back to normal. No appetite and I'm drinking my water. Go figure?
Still around 205, too.
I'd really like to get to 185, but I think I'll be too small at that weight.
I gained 3 holes on my church belt, and my skinny clothes all fit now, so that's a bonus. My wardrobe has really expanded. lol
Old 08-12-2009, 04:44 AM   #583
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

204.2 today.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:09 AM   #584
kayaker

Well, I'm up another 3 lbs this week. Time to stop this or head back over to Dan's thread.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:18 AM   #585
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I'm still at 204.2.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:29 AM   #586
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

lost another lb today, was weigh in day. NExt week i'm on the road, gunna be hard
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:19 AM   #587
SchizoFilly

Ok, so I've seen this thread around for a bit, but really had no reason to read too much into it. I still didn't read all of the 586 posts, but I understand this is where I need to post up and go for some moral support on this board. Here goes:

Started dieting Tuesday of last week (8/3) because my wife's doctor put her on a low calorie diet, so I too started cutting calories. As many have stated in this thread, it is easier with a support network in place and both of eating on the same type of diet will be less likely to sabotage the other. Her goal is to keep under 1200 calories per day, but I'm a bit larger and try to keep mine under 1400 calories. It has not been that difficult for me thus far, other than last weekend at my grandmother's and her offering ice cream with every meal (damn that sweet tooth), but I did not partake. Also started swimming yesterday. Signed up for the 7-day free trial of 24hr Fitness and did the tour thing yesterday at lunch and got in 150 meters in the 10 minutes I had to swim. Returned this morning before work with the goal of hitting 450 meters in 30 minutes, but was able to push it to 500 meters. It's a small victory, but I'll take it and push myself harder on Monday (might make it to the gym on the weekend, but it's not likely, still plenty of yard work and a garage that needs to be cleaned/painted so it should be no problem staying busy).

8/3
360lbs.
6'5" (not expecting this number to change, just throwing it in for reference)

8/13
349lbs.

I know that cutting back the calories, cutting out the fast food (still 6" chicken breast from Subway for lunch, but that beats the hell out of the 1090 calorie Bacon Ultimate from Jack in the Crack), cutting the junk food at home has been the biggest benefit. I already feel a lot better. I don't get that crash after lunch and have to fight to stay awake. So far I've been able to fall asleep faster and don't wake up as much during the night (unless my wife punches me in the ribs for snoring, I swear one of these days she's going to punch too hard, break a rib, and puncture a lung).

Thanks for letting me chime in and I'll update as I progress. Good luck to everyone in trying to maintain a lifestyle of healthier choices.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #588
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
Well, I'm up another 3 lbs this week. Time to stop this or head back over to Dan's thread.
Dan's not here anymore. I'm with you on that mode of thought, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I'm still at 204.2.
Don't get frustrated. Be patient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
lost another lb today, was weigh in day. NExt week i'm on the road, gunna be hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFilly View Post
Ok, so I've seen this thread around for a bit, but really had no reason to read too much into it. I still didn't read all of the 586 posts, but I understand this is where I need to post up and go for some moral support on this board. Here goes:

Started dieting Tuesday of last week (8/3) because my wife's doctor put her on a low calorie diet, so I too started cutting calories. As many have stated in this thread, it is easier with a support network in place and both of eating on the same type of diet will be less likely to sabotage the other. Her goal is to keep under 1200 calories per day, but I'm a bit larger and try to keep mine under 1400 calories. It has not been that difficult for me thus far, other than last weekend at my grandmother's and her offering ice cream with every meal (damn that sweet tooth), but I did not partake. Also started swimming yesterday. Signed up for the 7-day free trial of 24hr Fitness and did the tour thing yesterday at lunch and got in 150 meters in the 10 minutes I had to swim. Returned this morning before work with the goal of hitting 450 meters in 30 minutes, but was able to push it to 500 meters. It's a small victory, but I'll take it and push myself harder on Monday (might make it to the gym on the weekend, but it's not likely, still plenty of yard work and a garage that needs to be cleaned/painted so it should be no problem staying busy).

8/3
360lbs.
6'5" (not expecting this number to change, just throwing it in for reference)

8/13
349lbs.

I know that cutting back the calories, cutting out the fast food (still 6" chicken breast from Subway for lunch, but that beats the hell out of the 1090 calorie Bacon Ultimate from Jack in the Crack), cutting the junk food at home has been the biggest benefit. I already feel a lot better. I don't get that crash after lunch and have to fight to stay awake. So far I've been able to fall asleep faster and don't wake up as much during the night (unless my wife punches me in the ribs for snoring, I swear one of these days she's going to punch too hard, break a rib, and puncture a lung).

Thanks for letting me chime in and I'll update as I progress. Good luck to everyone in trying to maintain a lifestyle of healthier choices.
Way to go on the first 10 days. Don't get discouraged when the weight stops dropping as fast. You'll lose a lot at first, but then it'll start to drop at a much slower rate. Keep it up!

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #589
SchizoFilly

Quote:
Way to go on the first 10 days. Don't get discouraged when the weight stops dropping as fast. You'll lose a lot at first, but then it'll start to drop at a much slower rate. Keep it up!
Thanks man. I'm used to the plateau that usually hits, for me at least, in the second to third month. My biggest thing is sticking to the diet and exercise and getting my cardio up. I want to be able to run the annual Jingle Bell Run (FW arthritis charity 5k) without slowing down. I have 4 months to get in shape for it.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #590
kayaker

Quote:
My biggest thing is sticking to the diet and exercise and getting my cardio up. I want to be able to run the annual Jingle Bell Run (FW arthritis charity 5k) without slowing down. I have 4 months to get in shape for it.
I try not to diet per se, but watch what I'm eating in general. Usually the biggest thing for me is keeping my activity level up. I need to work the cardio and should start hitting the indoor track at the University. I don't know if I've ever run more than a km or two in one go. Might be a good thing to work on.

I should also get back into writing down everything I eat so that I am more accountable to it.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:59 PM   #591
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

I'm almost finished with my first week of P90X. Honestly the hardest workout this week was the 1.5 hours of Yoga, yes Yoga. The nutrition plan is going well, it's a crap ton of protein, so I've been grilling chicken breasts a whole bag at a time, so I always have extra around. I feel pretty good, so we'll see in 3 weeks from now now much of a change it's made.
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #592
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Don't get frustrated. Be patient.
I haven't taken a dump in two days. Tomorrow morning I'll be 202.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:48 AM   #593
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Still at 204.2.
I just discovered Orange Cream smoothies at Sheetz yesterday.
I plan on drinking 3 today, I could only squeeze in two yesterday. lol
Old 08-17-2009, 08:57 AM   #594
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
I'm almost finished with my first week of P90X. Honestly the hardest workout this week was the 1.5 hours of Yoga, yes Yoga. The nutrition plan is going well, it's a crap ton of protein, so I've been grilling chicken breasts a whole bag at a time, so I always have extra around. I feel pretty good, so we'll see in 3 weeks from now now much of a change it's made.
Awesome
I'm about to start back with my high-protein/low-fat diet when I get back in the gym.
Quote:
I haven't taken a dump in two days. Tomorrow morning I'll be 202.
TMI
Quote:
Still at 204.2.
I just discovered Orange Cream smoothies at Sheetz yesterday.
I plan on drinking 3 today, I could only squeeze in two yesterday. lol
Go for it! You have to splurge sometimes.

Insert quote here.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #595
SchizoFilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
I try not to diet per se, but watch what I'm eating in general. Usually the biggest thing for me is keeping my activity level up. I need to work the cardio and should start hitting the indoor track at the University. I don't know if I've ever run more than a km or two in one go. Might be a good thing to work on.

I should also get back into writing down everything I eat so that I am more accountable to it.
Not dieting as much as making much healthier choices on what I eat. It used to be fast food for breakfast and lunch and sometimes dinner. Now it's counting the calories I take in and making sure I don't eat as much bad stuff. Instead of a bag of doritos for a snack it's baby carrots; just changes like that. Also managed to swim 825 meters in half an hour this morning, which is up from 500 meters last friday and 700 meters yesterday. The time constraint is pretty rigid, so I just have to keep pushing myself to do more in the time I have. The thing that surprises me most is that I don't feel tired afterward, or at any point in the day for that matter.

8/3 360
8/13 349
8/18 340
Old 08-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #596
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I only managed to fit in two orange cream smoothies the last two days.
I gotta run out here shortly and I'm having another one.
205 this morning. I ate good yesterday, plus the smoothies are working.
I was starting to get worried about how fast I was shrinking.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #597
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Not dieting as much as making much healthier choices on what I eat. It used to be fast food for breakfast and lunch and sometimes dinner. Now it's counting the calories I take in and making sure I don't eat as much bad stuff. Instead of a bag of doritos for a snack it's baby carrots; just changes like that. Also managed to swim 825 meters in half an hour this morning, which is up from 500 meters last friday and 700 meters yesterday. The time constraint is pretty rigid, so I just have to keep pushing myself to do more in the time I have. The thing that surprises me most is that I don't feel tired afterward, or at any point in the day for that matter.

8/3 360
8/13 349
8/18 340
Nice job
Quote:
I only managed to fit in two orange cream smoothies the last two days.
I gotta run out here shortly and I'm having another one.
205 this morning. I ate good yesterday, plus the smoothies are working.
I was starting to get worried about how fast I was shrinking.
Don't worry about the gain. It'll come back off. Enjoy the smoothies

Insert quote here.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #598
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I had a smoothie, chicken fingers and onion rings.
That'll be my food for the day. I can't eat past 5:00pm anyways cause it makes me sick (meds and back stuff).
I'm gonna have a nap and then get back to work.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:28 AM   #599
Shaerza
Weasel

First Name: Dan
Trading: (0)
Partagas
Shaerza is on a distinguished road

I had a pretty terrible weekend, in terms of weight of course, due to shack herf and a family reunion dinner. Up 5 lbs

WTB ability to not drink excessivley
Shaerza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:31 AM   #600
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

It took 6 orange cream smoothies in 3 days, but I made it to 203.8.
I've been eating at least once a day, too. I think I've finally burned out on smoothies.
The one from last nite is in the fridge. I couldn't get it down.
I'm getting dehydrated, and I can really feel it this morning. I'll have a gallon of water by lunch, and I'm gonna work in the garden until I fall over. Literally.
I can tell the rain's coming, my entire body hurts from the tip of my toes to my pounding headache.