Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 06-15-2009, 02:36 PM   #541
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
216.2 this morning, 218.6 right now, all fed and hydrated.
I haven't seen 216 for 10 years.
I'd be even better, but I had a date for lunch and ate a crab cake and 5 glasses of lemon water. Ate all the green stuff, too. It was at Ruby Tuesday's, it was good, too.
The date went real well, too. A chick my age. Too smart and good looking though. She's got way too much sense to get mixed up with me.
You never know, if you play your cards right...

I love Ruby Tuesdays, but I always go overboard when I eat there.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #542
-MG-

Down to 203.8, and feeling pretty good about it!

I'm about to be at the inlaws for a couple of weeks though, we'll see what kind of damage that does to my progress...
Old 06-18-2009, 10:19 AM   #543
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Still 216.2.
That's after a weekend of Fair food and I've been forcing myself to eat dinner every day. The only thing I can see that I've done differently in the last few months (aside from being sick) is that I drink about two gallons of water a day, whether it be coffee (watered down half-caff with lots of milk), or flavored water. Grape Aquafina and Grape Powerade Zero are my favorites.
I'm never without a 32 ounce cup around me, and I always feel like I'm in a desert.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #544
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

Trading: (0)
HUpmann
qwerty1500 will become famous soon enough

The doctor gave me a choice last November ... lose weight or die. I'm 5'8' but I weighed 229. Had to look in the "big and tall' for pants with at 46" waist. Alright ... I looked like a walrus.

Been at this diet thing ... one reasonable meal a day and NO munchies (the real cause of my problem) ... for about 7 months now. Got on the scale this morning and was down to 158 ... yessssss ... that's 71 pounds. Kind of like I've lost a 4 year old.

I'm into 34" waist pants, and this morning I was able to get into some clothes that I haven't been able to wear for years.

My goal is 155 pounds and I'm just now starting to believe that I may really get there.
qwerty1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #545
kayaker

That's quite an accomplishment!

After 71 pounds I wouldn't sweat another 3, but if it keeps you motivated to stay in shape and watch what you eat, more power to you.

I have my weigh in tomorrow. I've been hovering around 230 all week, but I was a little off the wagon today. Maybe I'll do some crunches before I go out for that beer.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:58 PM   #546
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MG- View Post
Down to 203.8, and feeling pretty good about it!

I'm about to be at the inlaws for a couple of weeks though, we'll see what kind of damage that does to my progress...
inlaws cooking (especially my wife's grandmother) is irresistable!
Quote:
Still 216.2.
That's after a weekend of Fair food and I've been forcing myself to eat dinner every day. The only thing I can see that I've done differently in the last few months (aside from being sick) is that I drink about two gallons of water a day, whether it be coffee (watered down half-caff with lots of milk), or flavored water. Grape Aquafina and Grape Powerade Zero are my favorites.
I'm never without a 32 ounce cup around me, and I always feel like I'm in a desert.
Fair food!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1500 View Post
The doctor gave me a choice last November ... lose weight or die. I'm 5'8' but I weighed 229. Had to look in the "big and tall' for pants with at 46" waist. Alright ... I looked like a walrus.

Been at this diet thing ... one reasonable meal a day and NO munchies (the real cause of my problem) ... for about 7 months now. Got on the scale this morning and was down to 158 ... yessssss ... that's 71 pounds. Kind of like I've lost a 4 year old.

I'm into 34" waist pants, and this morning I was able to get into some clothes that I haven't been able to wear for years.

My goal is 155 pounds and I'm just now starting to believe that I may really get there.
Awesome job! 71lbs is more like an 8yr old, and that is quite the accomplishment. Keep up the good work on the last 3lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
That's quite an accomplishment!

After 71 pounds I wouldn't sweat another 3, but if it keeps you motivated to stay in shape and watch what you eat, more power to you.

I have my weigh in tomorrow. I've been hovering around 230 all week, but I was a little off the wagon today. Maybe I'll do some crunches before I go out for that beer.
Good luck on the weigh-in.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:47 AM   #547
kayaker

I managed to hold my own and drop the 2lbs again. I'm on better track than I was last summer where I started off pretty good then kept climbing right up to Christmas. My goal this year is to keep the extra weight off over the holidays.

Have a great weekend everybody.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #548
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Insert quote here.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:54 AM   #549
-MG-

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post

Half way through my vacation (with no scale, and little self control).. I'm sure I'll agree with that statement in another week.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:26 AM   #550
Shaerza
Weasel

First Name: Dan
Partagas
Shaerza is on a distinguished road

I cant seem to rein in the weekend drinking. And the drinking is leading me to eat more then i should. I am not really putting any weight back on, but I am certainly not going to meet my goal of getting under 180 for next weekend
Shaerza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #551
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

212.4 this morning.
By the end of next week, there won't be anything left of me.
I was kinda excited about seeing 210, but now I'm kinda scared to see 200.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #552
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
212.4 this morning.
By the end of next week, there won't be anything left of me.
I was kinda excited about seeing 210, but now I'm kinda scared to see 200.
Good job, Scott!

I need to get myself back on track. I've been pretending lately.
And eating good for the week of the 4th.

Insert quote here.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:38 AM   #553
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

pmwz is on a distinguished road

i am down to 250. One week of hostel food helped me. I am going to work out a lot during the next 2 month and i am trying to get down to 225 lbs during that time frame...
pmwz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #554
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmwz View Post
i am down to 250. One week of hostel food helped me. I am going to work out a lot during the next 2 month and i am trying to get down to 225 lbs during that time frame...
What's your workout look like?
congrats on the loss.

Insert quote here.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #555
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
What's your workout look like?
congrats on the loss.
I usually go 3-5 times a week to the gym 3 times lifting 2 cardio (60min-120).
my plan for next couple of months is to go 1.5 times per day to the gym.
7x 90min-120 min crosstrainer/other cardio exercise.
3x weight lifting (1 day chest/triceps 1: back/biceps 1 legs)
Its going to be hard and i am probably going to take a couple of off days but i think that i can reach my goal...
Old 07-12-2009, 04:56 PM   #556
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmwz View Post
I usually go 3-5 times a week to the gym 3 times lifting 2 cardio (60min-120).
my plan for next couple of months is to go 1.5 times per day to the gym.
7x 90min-120 min crosstrainer/other cardio exercise.
3x weight lifting (1 day chest/triceps 1: back/biceps 1 legs)
Its going to be hard and i am probably going to take a couple of off days but i think that i can reach my goal...
That's a lot of cardio for a day. I try to keep my cardio to 45min. max. But if it's working for you, then go for it.

The weightlifting is about on par with my routine.

Insert quote here.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #557
12stones
Yo Mama is so...

First Name: Ricky
Trading: (1)
RA MarineCorps (Disabled Vet)
12stones will become famous soon enough

Ugh...I'm ashamed! I haven't worked out in months. I'll get on the scale in the morning and hope I'm still under 200. Time to get back to it.
12stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #558
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12stones View Post
Ugh...I'm ashamed! I haven't worked out in months. I'll get on the scale in the morning and hope I'm still under 200. Time to get back to it.
I'm in the same boat as you, Ricky. I've been working out, but not eating right.

Insert quote here.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #559
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

i have a tip...
No Aspartame. I cut it out of my diet around Christmas. Since then my joints have all healed, and the weight just simply came off.
Don't take my word for it, read up on it. The sh1t will kill you.
I lived on it.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:33 AM   #560
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

i worked out a lot this week.
6xcardio (3x 90min + 3x120min) + 3x weightlifting.
Even though i ate healthier than usual i added a lbs.I expected to cut 2 lbs last week. If idont loose a couple of pounds this week, i am going to add more cardio and lifting.