Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

First Name: Nick
Trading: (33)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough
Default 5 Vegas Triple-A

"Another fantastic blend from the award winning 5 Vegas line, Triple-A combines tobaccos from Nicaragua's top growing regions with an oily broadleaf maduro wrapper to create a full-bodied array of complex flavors guaranteed to stimulate your palate for hours of enjoyment."

5.0x56

This is a gorgeous looking cigar with flavors to match it's looks. A very nice band, as well as a second band at the foot. The color is very dark and this cigar feels quite nice in the hand. I poked this with a CigarSpike and the draw was perfect.

The first 4 to 5 draws brought HUGE amounts of pepper. I was wondering what I had got myself in to. The pepper was so thick and powerful that my mouth was actually watering. I quickly went inside and poured a glass of orange juice.

Luckily (so I thought), the cigar soon mellowed. I had that wonderful maduro flavor on my lips. I was still getting a nice pepper flavor, but espresso was now getting mixed in. I got a bit light headed as the vitamin N was kicking in, so I got up and walked around a bit. Drank some O.J. and I regained my senses.

Moving right along, the flavor again changed to a peppery leather flavor. I was getting tons of smoke from the small hole created by the CigarSpike. As I neared the end of the second 3rd, my head got a little light again. Where's a jelly donut when you need one !

Heading down the home stretch, the nice pepper flavor was joined by a hint of oak. I was really enjoying this cigar. It lasted about an hour and 20 minutes, and when I went to put it in the ashtray, I just had to take one last draw. I would consider this a full bodied smoke with tons of great flavors coming through nicely. This one ranks right up there with the Cinco Vegas Anomaly.