Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-18-2013, 05:50 AM   #1
Real1929
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Real1929 is on a distinguished road
Question Going to Boston

Going to Boston in May. Does anyone have any experience with Churchills or any other cigar bar in Boston area?
Real1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation
Default Re: Going to Boston

Churchill's is ok, Stanzei in the North End is better in terms of atmosphere.

Cigar Masters on Boylston St is probably the classiest place, but does not have a full liquor license (if that matters); wine & beer only.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Massphatness sumorized the cigar bars around the city. My suggestion are:

CigarMasters - weekdays 4:00-6:30 PM, go after work scene and plenty of eye candy. Newbury and Bolyston offer great shopping before a cigar.

Churchills - Good if you plan on going out right after the cigar. The vents are super powerful to point I can barely taste the cigar when I smoke there. Great place if your friends don't like smoke. Fun on Saturday while Haymarket is open.

Stanza - In the heart of the NorthEnd with famous Italian restaurants lined up and down the streets. For the cheap/easy and really good is Il Panino Express which is right next to Stanza. I'll usually just hit that up and go to one of many restaurants or bakeries for dessert. Depends what is open. Marias is my favorite for canoli's in that neighborhood. Stanza is cramped and dark; in a good way. Plenty of character.

Levitt Pierce Cigar shop in Harvard Sq is a must visit! Right off train station, really worth going in there for both cigar and non-cigar related shopping. As is just seeing Harvard Sq.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
mk05
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
mk05 will become famous soon enough

thoughts in bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Massphatness sumorized the cigar bars around the city. My suggestion are:

CigarMasters - weekdays 4:00-6:30 PM, go after work scene and plenty of eye candy. Newbury and Bolyston offer great shopping before a cigar. Ownership has changed and staff restructured. Overpriced cigars and almost zero ventilation.

Churchills - Good if you plan on going out right after the cigar. The vents are super powerful to point I can barely taste the cigar when I smoke there. Great place if your friends don't like smoke. Fun on Saturday while Haymarket is open. Worst atmosphere by far in Boston, and no cigars to speak of. Son who owns the shop is running it into the ground.

Stanza - In the heart of the NorthEnd with famous Italian restaurants lined up and down the streets. For the cheap/easy and really good is Il Panino Express which is right next to Stanza. Il Panino Express is closed...Artu is the quick food place. I'll usually just hit that up and go to one of many restaurants or bakeries for dessert. Depends what is open. Marias is my favorite for canoli's in that neighborhood. Very good ricotta pie at Maria's, and Maria used to work at Modern Pastry, the undisputed #1 Italian bakery in Boston. I highly recommend the Modern lobster tail, which are made to order. Stanza is cramped and dark; in a good way. Plenty of character. If you go from Thursday to Saturday, they open up a back room that is very large and fully ventilated. I also advise against the right main roon, because the Smoke Eater does not run 100%.

Levitt Pierce Cigar shop in Harvard Sq is a must visit! Right off train station, really worth going in there for both cigar and non-cigar related shopping. As is just seeing Harvard Sq.

You can also pick up custom Fuente and Padrons from Carlito's Godfather.
mk05 is offline   Reply With Quote