Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 10-11-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
N2 GOLD
MIND OVER MATTER...

First Name: RICO
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
N2 GOLD will become famous soon enoughN2 GOLD will become famous soon enough
Default Bid & Destroy...

So did anyone catch the first two shows??? It's a new REALITY show on Nat Geo. I call bull$h!t on their findings... Really, come on!!! There is NOWAY people on all these reality shows find all this stuff layiing around & worth all the $$$...
Old 10-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
Robulous78

Default Re: Bid & Destroy...

Agreed Rico... I'd say 90% or more of reality TV is set up B.S. ... My parents went to Las Vegas last week and went to the Pawn Stars Pawn Shop, apparently it was closed for filming? I thought when we saw all the sales going on in the background it was just business as usual, apparently they are "by appointment only" on those days... Ha...!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
N2 GOLD
MIND OVER MATTER...

First Name: RICO
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
N2 GOLD will become famous soon enoughN2 GOLD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robulous78 View Post
Agreed Rico... I'd say 90% or more of reality TV is set up B.S. ... My parents went to Las Vegas last week and went to the Pawn Stars Pawn Shop, apparently it was closed for filming? I thought when we saw all the sales going on in the background it was just business as usual, apparently they are "by appointment only" on those days... Ha...!
Agree, they can't have all that stuff just walk in off the street. Why take it to a Pawn shop when you can post it online & get what its worth.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
sevans105
Alpha Zombie Wolf "Sceve"

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robulous78 View Post
The show itself is fascinating...the reality behind it, much less so.

Personally, I'm always amazed at how quickly all the experts rush down to look at whatever it is that is being pawned. Museum curator? Antique Firearms expert? Handwriting expert? Yeah. It's set up. It HAS to be. Still fun to see the cool stuff. Way better than watching Antique Roadshow. Same cool stuff...dry as old toast.