Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-24-2008, 12:06 PM   #21
BC-Axeman

Default Re: Your greatest accomplishment

Raising my two stepdaughters (I'm Dad to them). My reward is my granddaughter.
My second greatest accomplishment is not killing myself doing all the wild stuff I've done.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:15 PM   #22
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

My three wonderful children being brought into this world is my greatest accomlishment. Getting through college while raising a family and working full time was a biggie for me too.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:17 PM   #23
hoax

I once farted for 10 seconds straight.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:10 PM   #24
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Two sweet kids, a daughter and a son, who carries my name. Also, refused marriage until 29, but it's the best thing that ever happened to me. Happily married 10 years now.

Next greatest, chemistry degree to become one of the first in either family side to graduate college.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:00 PM   #25
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

16 years with my wife

and a beautiful little girl
Old 10-24-2008, 03:14 PM   #26
GKitty
JAFO

First Name: Crystal
Trading: (8)
HdM
GKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really nice

I just want to add my congratulations to everyone on their accomplishments. Just reminds me what a wonderful group of people have gathered here to share their passion for cigars.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #27
Cigarmark

Spent my teens and twenties chasing the Grateful Dead around. I think the only drug I never did was heroin(extreme fear of needles). Drugs were my life.
It's a miracle I never killed myself. Gave it all up on Labor Day weekend 1994 and been clean ever since. I met the best thing that ever happened to me and been married to her for 13 years. God has been great to me!
Old 10-24-2008, 04:55 PM   #28
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

My marriage lasting 27 years.
taltos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:05 PM   #29
nozero

Thumbs up Re: Your greatest accomplishment

My marriage to and love for the same woman since 4/25/75, our two sons 29 and 24 and my honorable discharge after three years of Fun in the Sun of Fort Hood, TX with the 545th MP Company of the 1st Cav Div.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:34 PM   #30
WyoBob
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bob
Trading: (1)
WyoBob will become famous soon enough

The best thing that's happened to me: Wonderful wife of almost 40 years with two daughters, 30 and 32. The 32 year old is pregnant with twins after trying for four years to have kids.

for personal accomplishments that I'm proud of:

Survived 35 years in the cattle business and retired to Wyoming
Earned my Boy Scout Eagle badge and 48 merit badges
Built over a 5 1/2 year period a 2 place, 180 mph airplane and flew it, trouble free for 475 hours.

WyoBob
WyoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:42 PM   #31
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

You also get to fish in some beautiful country

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoBob View Post
The best thing that's happened to me: Wonderful wife of almost 40 years with two daughters, 30 and 32. The 32 year old is pregnant with twins after trying for four years to have kids.

for personal accomplishments that I'm proud of:

Survived 35 years in the cattle business and retired to Wyoming
Earned my Boy Scout Eagle badge and 48 merit badges
Built over a 5 1/2 year period a 2 place, 180 mph airplane and flew it, trouble free for 475 hours.

WyoBob
Old 10-24-2008, 07:44 PM   #32
Linus

Well, I don't have as great as accomplishments as some of the many great dads, armed forces individuals or those that have faced their demons head on. My major accomplishment are my long distance (solo) bicycle tours over the past 10 years, including 2005 where I did 5,500 miles (been through Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and parts of Michigan) as well as being true to myself.

Congrats to you all.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #33
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

Nice.

A couple of friends and I talked about doing a couple of long distance peddles after school, never happened. May have to start thinking about it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Well, I don't have as great as accomplishments as some of the many great dads, armed forces individuals or those that have faced their demons head on. My major accomplishment are my long distance (solo) bicycle tours over the past 10 years, including 2005 where I did 5,500 miles (been through Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and parts of Michigan) as well as being true to myself.

Congrats to you all.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:07 PM   #34
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

I married up

and I'm progressing through pharmacy school on schedule
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:16 PM   #35
Linus

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Nice.

A couple of friends and I talked about doing a couple of long distance peddles after school, never happened. May have to start thinking about it again.
Well, if you do let me know. I can let you know what works and what doesn't (like, uh, biking through a hurricane -- not a good idear. nor is biking with 10lbs of chocolate in the panniers on the hottest day of the year )
Old 10-24-2008, 08:20 PM   #36
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

HdM

I figured that one out (the chocolate) back in my long distance backpacking days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Well, if you do let me know. I can let you know what works and what doesn't (like, uh, biking through a hurricane -- not a good idear. nor is biking with 10lbs of chocolate in the panniers on the hottest day of the year )
Old 10-24-2008, 08:22 PM   #37
AdamC

Getting Schirin to fall in love with me...(piece of cake though)
Old 10-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #38
bigloo
Crazy like a fox

First Name: Lu
Trading: (27)
Partagas
bigloo will become famous soon enough

Congrats to all the guys who got sober or off drugs. I quit cigs after 15 years and it was hell. I have had friends who had drug/alcohol problems and there is now ways getting of those is harder, hats off to you all. Time for a lighter accomplishment, of course not my greatest (that would be my Ph.D.) but I once derailed an elevator and caused $80K damage to said elevator using nothing more then an 8x8 piece of plywood, nothing malicious, it was a combination of "probably should not have done that" and a damaged safety sensor on the elevator. I was using the plywood to block the beam while loading heavy batteries for a university project into a elevator. The beam was disabled (a HUGE safety violantion), the door closed, and what happened next will remain a mystery to me forever. The plywood was strong enough to force the elevator off the rails and then BEND the rails! PLYWOOD!!! Anyway, as I said, nothing like the accomplishments here, but whenever a topic like this comes up, I always throw it in because so few people in this world, surprsingly, have derailed elevators!
bigloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #39
physiognomy
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
ERdM
physiognomy will become famous soon enough

Congratulations to all on your achievements...

Right now my greatest accomplishments are moving 1/2 way across the world to follow a dream & 5yrs latter receiving my doctorate. This last year I talked myself in and out of packing up and going home several times, but I stuck it out & learned a lot about myself & what I am capable of achieving.
physiognomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #40
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

My 20-year marriage and 2 children are mine. I still am amazed at what great, caring kids I have.

MCS
MajorCaptSilly is offline   Reply With Quote