Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 09-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #21
CasaDooley
Herf Crew of 2

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (41)
HUpmann Navy (Disabled Vet)
CasaDooley has a spectacular aura aboutCasaDooley has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: iOS 7 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by cort View Post
And bad ass!!!
Why yes, yes it is...so far.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #22
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

Downloaded this morning. I like it more than the old OS already...hopefully there aren't any glitches that come up.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #23
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cort View Post
And bad ass!!!
Agreed.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #24
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Damn, everyone seems to say that. i just wish they hadn't used the stupid pastel colors.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #25
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Damn, everyone seems to say that. i just wish they hadn't used the stupid pastel colors.
Everything I have seen looks like it was designed for a 13 year old girl.
The only thing I found interesting is the depth when you tilt the screen.
They talk alot about feelings, so I guess it makes sense that it would look like a 13 year olds OS.

Last edited by Blak Smyth; 09-19-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Blak Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #26
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Here is a sample of one of my Note2 home screens, love this phone.
I switched from the iphone when they released the 5 with that pointless tall narrow screen.

(Yes I realise it has pink flowers on it, sometimes I say dumb things).

Here is another but this photo was not taken by me:

Last edited by Blak Smyth; 09-19-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Blak Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #27
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

I really like the new features in iOS7. My 5 seems to be a little faster... It looks like my wife is going to upgrade from a 4S to a 5S in a month or so. I am looking forward to checking out the new model.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #28
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

As a designer I have to say I hate the icons, other than that small things like changing how you delete texts and emails irk me, you had a simple and elegant system in place for this, just swipe to the right, now they changed it to the left and added items, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Sometimes change for the sake of change isn't good.

My designs tend to me minimalistic whenever possible so I like the design over all. I miss being able to look at a year view on the calender and see my how booked I am using the color coded progression, I'll live without it I'm sure it won't be the death of me.

That being said, I like the new camera controls, much easier to one hand now, the 'photo to video' switch always used to bug me.

Siri now starts to process phrases before you pause, it's so much faster it's amazing, I also like being able to say "How are the redsox doing?" and have Siri tell me and show me the box score from the current game, or say "The Red Sox lost to the Orioles 5-3", so the new siri is a big win and not just for that, across the board.

I like the iTunes radio as well, sure there are 65 of them out there but it's nice to have one baked into the system. (also using siri control).

Haven't had a chance to do that much with it yet but that's are my initial observations.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #29
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post

Here is a sample of one of my Note2 home screens, love this phone.
I switched from the iphone when they released the 5 with that pointless tall narrow screen.

(Yes I realise it has pink flowers on it, sometimes I say dumb things).
So you are making fun of the iphone for pastel colors and being made for a 13 y/o girl...but then you have pink flowers as your background on your Note2
Old 09-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #30
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaase321 View Post
So you are making fun of the iphone for pastel colors and being made for a 13 y/o girl...but then you have pink flowers as your background on your Note2
Yes but I can change that at anytime, that is by choice unlike your pastels... and I like pink flowers, so what!

I am looking forward to playing with Taki's 5 to see if it has gotten any better though, I would have gotten the 5 if it was a bigger screen but not sure I can go back now. I am not even an "android guy" I just love my specific phone. My work phone is an HTC Desire and I hate it.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #31
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

First Name: Scotty
Trading: (31)
Lockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
As a designer I have to say I hate the icons, other than that small things like changing how you delete texts and emails irk me, you had a simple and elegant system in place for this, just swipe to the right, now they changed it to the left and added items, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Sometimes change for the sake of change isn't good.

My designs tend to me minimalistic whenever possible so I like the design over all. I miss being able to look at a year view on the calender and see my how booked I am using the color coded progression, I'll live without it I'm sure it won't be the death of me.

That being said, I like the new camera controls, much easier to one hand now, the 'photo to video' switch always used to bug me.

Siri now starts to process phrases before you pause, it's so much faster it's amazing, I also like being able to say "How are the redsox doing?" and have Siri tell me and show me the box score from the current game, or say "The Red Sox lost to the Orioles 5-3", so the new siri is a big win and not just for that, across the board.

I like the iTunes radio as well, sure there are 65 of them out there but it's nice to have one baked into the system. (also using siri control).

Haven't had a chance to do that much with it yet but that's are my initial observations.
I'm with you. As a graphics guy, the new designs aren't offensive. I've LONG been a fan of Helvetica Neue. So it's nice to see it in the lock screen. But the icons are a little too "soft" on quick glances. End up hitting the wrong one if I'm not paying attention.

Control center is awesome. Having quick access to the camera, calculator and flashlight are primo. I love the new animations, and the dynamic wallpapers. And for the first time with a major iOS update...my phone actually seems FASTER.

Plus a clean lock screen means uninterrupted wallpapers.

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
Lockspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #32
equetefue
Liga Privada Hoarder

First Name: Edwin
Trading: (17)
Partagas AirForce (Disabled Vet)
equetefue has a spectacular aura aboutequetefue has a spectacular aura about

I just wish we could add widgets
equetefue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #33
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm digging it so far.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #34
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
I'm digging it so far.
I like it too.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #35
Zane
Have My Own Room

First Name: Zane
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Zane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura about

Love it!

COO BlindMan's Puff
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #36
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Updated my ipad first. See if I like it before committing my phone. So far it's interesting.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #37
Zane
Have My Own Room

First Name: Zane
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Zane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Updated my ipad first. See if I like it before committing my phone. So far it's interesting.
I did the same thing.

COO BlindMan's Puff
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #38
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Me likey
Old 09-20-2013, 02:59 AM   #39
Robulous78

To sum up IOS7, IMHO... IHMO...

Minor Software improvements,

Completely new GUI; Icons, Coloration, Animation, etc,

Same ole' capabilities, much like the difference from a horse to a zebra... Are we ever going to get Java and other internet browser updates?
Old 09-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #40
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Java? You mean Flash? (you realize there really is no more mobile flash it died right?)

I was going to wait the 2 weeks for my upgrade, but called AT&T and got them to give me an early upgrade on the 5s and went ahead and ordered it. 7-14 days.

videos of apple store lines from around the world

That Japanese are crazy, the line in that video are from last night and it's several blocks if not miles (lol) long.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote