Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #35
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation
Default Re: When did bombing become an announced event?

(sorry Huy) I probably should have changed my screen name to MassFATness after that happiness.

Bomb as you see fit, no doubt, but bomb for the right reason: to show a brother he's thought of and cared about. There are times, not always - but times, when I'll read a bomb thread/launch announcement and come away feeling that it has nothing whatsoever to do with the target and everything to do with the sender trying for the ooh & ahh factor. I know this feeling well because I was guilty of it more than once at the old place. I wanted to be seen as a standup gorilla. I didn't care who I targeted; just so long as everyone knew I was about to lay the smack down. It took a while for me to adjust my thinking. I may announce a bomb every now and again these days, but more often I like to attack from stealth mode. There's something to be said for shock and awe, to be sure, but like the snipers say, "If you heard the shot, it wasn't meant for you."
Posted via Mobile Device
massphatness is offline   Reply With Quote