Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-19-2021, 11:33 AM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default AJ Fernandez Bellas Artes - short Churchhill

https://ajfcigars.com/cigars/bellas-artes/habano/

So, just another quickie review. I smoked this baby to the nub. To me this is a great wake up cigar with coffee or an after dinner dessert cigar. This was recommended by Steven Crowder. He's a conservative comedian. He's not everyones political cup of tea but thats neither here no there as this is about a cigar. This was a nice cigar and not too bad price wise either.

construction 7/10

draw 9/10

burn 8/10

ash 6/10 too much flaking but it's a small thing

flavors: sweet caramel, coffee, chocolate, pepper, little bit of salt, snickerdoodle (for the taste note nerds)

overall 7/10 I've always been an ISOM snob but the more NC i'm smoking the more impressed i'm becoming with them. Construction for NC has always been superior but now the flavors are just knocking it out of the park. anyways, i hope you enjoyed this little review. Gob Bless you all!
Old 11-19-2021, 11:55 AM   #2
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: AJ Fernandez Bellas Artes - short Churchhill

That is a great cigar!!!

Thanks for the review.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:35 PM   #3
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

God bless you all! not goB.
Old 11-20-2021, 06:48 AM   #4
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

First Name: Bob
Trading: (7)
RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough

Since you’re in AJ mode, I’d recommend the Enclave, which is a classic in-your-face AJ cigar and the H Upmann that he blended (more refined).

Thanks for the reviews!
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 01:07 PM   #5
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
Since you’re in AJ mode, I’d recommend the Enclave, which is a classic in-your-face AJ cigar and the H Upmann that he blended (more refined).

Thanks for the reviews!
funny. that was my next cigar and i loved it
Old 11-27-2021, 10:45 AM   #6
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

So, i picked up a handful of these on black friday because i enjoyed it so much the first time. i'm smoking one now and i have to wonder why these are SO good! couldn't they suck a little? this does not bode well for my CC debt! Come on AJ Fernandez and get your act together! make a bad one every once in a while!
Old 11-27-2021, 10:53 AM   #7
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceolee View Post
So, i picked up a handful of these on black friday because i enjoyed it so much the first time. i'm smoking one now and i have to wonder why these are SO good! couldn't they suck a little? this does not bode well for my CC debt! Come on AJ Fernandez and get your act together! make a bad one every once in a while!
He makes a lot of catalog cigars and maybe a few of those are stumbles. That said, the Man O War, sold by the Cigars Intl / Cbid is a solid and inexpensive choice.
Old 11-27-2021, 11:02 AM   #8
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
He makes a lot of catalog cigars and maybe a few of those are stumbles. That said, the Man O War, sold by the Cigars Intl / Cbid is a solid and inexpensive choice.
i didn't know that. thats why i love these forums. i get to learn from great BOTL like you. Have a blessed day!
Old 11-27-2021, 12:28 PM   #9
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Great Review, But More Cigars To Buy!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 12:47 PM   #10
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Ordered The Bellas Artes, But Which Enclave Do You Recommend, Broadleaf Or Habano And Which Vitola Of H. Upmann

??? Thanks!
Old 11-27-2021, 01:23 PM   #11
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Ordered The Bellas Artes, But Which Enclave Do You Recommend, Broadleaf Or Habano And Which Vitola Of H. Upmann

??? Thanks!
Are you asking me? I prefer the habana Enclave. I’ve only had the Upmann torpedo and it makes me happy.
Old 11-27-2021, 04:55 PM   #12
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post

??? Thanks!
The enclave i smoked was a broadleaf Belicoso. it was quite a nice cigar. i wished i'd reviewed it. maybe someday soon i will. Just my if you're asking in general.
Old 11-27-2021, 06:29 PM   #13
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Thanks, Bob & Jason!