Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Coffee Discussion

Old 08-16-2020, 02:39 PM   #1
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough
Default Italian and Cuban Coffee

Does anyone know of a good place to order some coffee from Italy? I was in Italy a number of years ago and it was by far the best coffee I have ever had and would like to get some for home. I’ve also heard Cuban coffee is good but have never had it, and am interested in buying some to try. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-18-2020, 02:53 PM   #2
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Italian and Cuban Coffee

All the big Italian brands of coffee are sold in the US like Illy, Lavazza, etc... Cuban brands like Cubita & Serrano are available online. Just look up the names.

That being said, I don't think they offer really anything different than brands you can already buy. It's more about how the coffee is prepared which you were enjoying more in Italy.
Old 08-18-2020, 07:03 PM   #3
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
All the big Italian brands of coffee are sold in the US like Illy, Lavazza, etc... Cuban brands like Cubita & Serrano are available online. Just look up the names.

That being said, I don't think they offer really anything different than brands you can already buy. It's more about how the coffee is prepared which you were enjoying more in Italy.
Thank you for the info. I have had Lavazza and it’s delicious. I might have to buy some of the brands you suggested and try a different way of preparing it.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:51 AM   #4
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

My wife's aunts were born in Cuba. They both use one of these types of espresso makers to make their Cuban coffee. The brand of coffee is not so critical to them, just that it's a good quality and an espresso grind.

Old 08-20-2020, 08:00 AM   #5
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
Thank you for the info. I have had Lavazza and it’s delicious. I might have to buy some of the brands you suggested and try a different way of preparing it.
A Neapolitan coffee pot is a fun way to make coffee. Very uncommon coffee pot in the US. Different than a Mokapot. Very particular to the Naples region of Italy.
Old 08-22-2020, 03:52 PM   #6
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
My wife's aunts were born in Cuba. They both use one of these types of espresso makers to make their Cuban coffee. The brand of coffee is not so critical to them, just that it's a good quality and an espresso grind.

Do you know what it’s called or brand? Looks interesting to try.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:41 PM   #7
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

According to my wife they're made by Bialleti.
Old 08-23-2020, 01:12 PM   #8
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

First Name: Bob
Trading: (7)
RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough

Caracolillo is a popular Cuban style roaster in Florida

https://www.ccmcoffee.com/
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 11:13 AM   #9
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
Do you know what it’s called or brand? Looks interesting to try.
Mokapot is the style. Also called stove top espresso maker. Bialeti is the most common brand.

Neapolitan is similar but quite different in how it's brewed.