Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-27-2019, 07:53 AM   #1
LPFerrante
I smoke. Therefore I am.

First Name: LP
Trading: (0)
HdM
LPFerrante is on a distinguished road
Default Club Macanudo In New York City

I just wanted to put out for any NYC local members here.

In January 2020, I'd like to do a locker share at Club Macanudo in NYC.

The yearly fee is $1,500. It would be $750 a piece. This waives there $20 cutting fee and $20 order minimum. And they give a 10% discount on food and drinks.

If you know of any BOTL or SOTL, I'd be grateful and send the stick of your choice to you.

Wishes for a smokey and happy Thanksgiving.
LPFerrante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:10 AM   #2
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Club Macanudo In New York City

Good luck finding a "partner" for this. I was there once, many years back, for a holiday herf with some internet friends. Nice place, but a bit snooty for a poor country boy like me.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:20 AM   #3
LPFerrante
I smoke. Therefore I am.

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Good luck finding a "partner" for this. I was there once, many years back, for a holiday herf with some internet friends. Nice place, but a bit snooty for a poor country boy like me.
I've been there several times, and I didn't get that vibe at all. In fact, a few times they waived the cutting fee.

I may end up just pulling the trigger myself to lock in. The manager there told me if I find someone after, he'd update my membership.

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you around NYC?
Old 11-27-2019, 08:32 AM   #4
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Not any more. I lived in Madison NJ for 40 years, which is about 25 miles due west of Central Park as the crow flies. Worked in Midtown for several years too, mainly for Ermenegildo Zegna when they were based in 9 West. So hanging around with those Italians in that neighborhood . . . well, I learned what "snooty" is.

And the staff at the Club was friendly and helpful, but any place that denies entrance to A-Rod because he is wearing sneakers has some snooty tendencies.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:03 AM   #5
LPFerrante
I smoke. Therefore I am.

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Not any more. I lived in Madison NJ for 40 years, which is about 25 miles due west of Central Park as the crow flies. Worked in Midtown for several years too, mainly for Ermenegildo Zegna when they were based in 9 West. So hanging around with those Italians in that neighborhood . . . well, I learned what "snooty" is.

And the staff at the Club was friendly and helpful, but any place that denies entrance to A-Rod because he is wearing sneakers has some snooty tendencies.
At Zenga, my Landsmann (to mix languages) were snooty? I guess that's why I only buy Canali. :-) On A-rod, if everyone else is adhering to the code, and he is not, then his being allowed access would be because of the entitlement that comes from his ability and celebrity. I would think that would be snooty? Orother P.O.V could be the fact they turn him away shows they are snooty because of his celebrity. They, "I'll show you" P.O.V.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
Old 11-27-2019, 10:13 AM   #6
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Most of the folks at Zegna, employees and customers, were both nice and grounded. Yet some most definitely held high opinions of themselves. For instance, young (then) Gildo Zegna, grandson of founder Count Zegna, seemingly thought his waste products had no odor. And buyers like Fred Hayman of Giorgio's or Bijan were total rectums.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:14 PM   #7
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Ive looked at lockers before at different clubs, but the RH always seems way to high for my tastes.