Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-20-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
www.cigar.com.do

Default "Health" cigars vs dental implants.

This article is in Spanish for people who do not speak the language please ignore or translate., thanks!

interesting article about care in smokers with dental implants: http://cigar.com.do/blogs.html?autor=6

www.cigar.com.do
Old 10-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation
Default Re: "Health" cigars vs dental implants.

Gazie
Old 10-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

No leo espanol.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

No hablo espanol
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
bvilchez
En búsqueda.....

First Name: Bolivar aka Jay
Trading: (76)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
bvilchez has disabled reputation

The following is the translation from the article as by Google Translate:

Dental implants are inserted elements in bone and mandibular edentulous (toothless) perform the function of the roots of missing teeth. In the mid sixties Dr. Ingmar Bränemark, which incidentally is not dentist, but orthopedic surgeon, discovered what is now known as "osseointegration, that is only the intimate union of the bone to the implant material, no intermission of any tissue. In this way the implant will have no mobility and therefore reduce the probability of infection. 
 Dr. Bränemark, investigated in rabbit bone irrigation, for which a small optical fiber introduced into the bone of these rabbits so she looked through the microscope the changes that were happening there. When, after a few weeks wanted to withdraw the bone fiber found it was impossible, which was strongly attached to the bone. From this developed modern dental implants. 

Why it matters? 
 There are many applications, but in dentistry, mainly used to replace missing teeth are replaced by others giving permanent better hygiene and patient comfort.

In daily dental work, the implant becomes a real alternative when it is needed dental work, face the possibility of replacing lost or missing teeth in adult patients. The implant is a routine and predictable technical and classical protocol established by Brånemark, has demonstrated a high success rate.

The dentist should be sufficient for scientific, technical, aesthetic, etc. To inform the patient about under what circumstances it is possible to perform this procedure and what aspects become risks when making this decision. The reasons that the dentist provides the patient should be based primarily on results facts, thorough evaluation and intraoral examination, study models, radiographic evaluation, diagnosis and possible treatment plans (answers must know very clearly the patient). During the development of clinical history, an important element is to understand the social aspect, and vital section of habits. One of the questions you can not overlook any patient candidate for dental implants is: Do you smoke?

If the answer is positive, the practitioner must have the scientific ability to answer why. And tell the patient what the real risks of doing dental implants in a smoker and make a decision whether to perform implants or not giving the patient the best choice for your rehabilitation. Taking into consideration that cigar smokers unlike cigarette smokers are not addicted but that we as dental professionals not for us to change habits or to decide what the patient with their routines pleasure to do.

If appropriate to establish at what time it is prudent to perform a procedure of this kind, in these circumstances would be worth the risk-benefit analysis by trying to provide a treatment with evidence of failures and a moral and ethical responsibility that we can not hide light the progress of science and scientific support undeniable. Once the valuation submitted by the dentist and the patient the treatment alternatives is chosen in agreement with the procedures to make it so that it is a success.

It has often related the use of snuff or smoking habit with harmful effects on the body and in particular for teeth and mouth including the mobility of the teeth and the "rejection" (failure or osseointegration) of implants dental.

Now know that there is an association between smoking and snuff or periodontitis. 
 can be considered that smoking is a complicating factor periodontal disease because bone loss increases.

In the last delivery was treated the issue of giving the smoking prevention guidelines for oral hygiene in order to prevent alterations of the oral cavity.

The whole system suffers stomatological the effects of smoking or snuff, which decreases the activity of polymorphonuclear leukocytes, leading to a lower rate of chemotactic migration and reduced lower phagocytic activity. In short, these effects they do is contribute to a lower resistance to inflammation, infection and poorer wound healing.

The snuff is not a contraindication for dental implants, if the recommendation is for patients to try to reduce the consumption of snuff or if you can quit before dental implant treatment.

Studies have been done show a success rate lower for dental implants in smokers vs. non-smokers. 
 has also been shown that quitting smoking after dental surgery improves the survival of the implant in the mouth so that compatibility or significantly improved osseointegration.

Ideally, the patient is instructed to stop smoking 2 weeks before surgery and dental implants to improve circulation of blood and platelet aggregation. If you are still smoking within 8 weeks following the placement of dental implants is the phase of the healing of bone (osteoblastic phase) has been shown to increase wound healing and reverses the subgingival microflora.

If after the intervention is the opening line of healing of the wound or incision, the snuff delayed secondary healing, and if being placed injet bone or bone may lead to contamination of the bone contribute to bone loss early.

In short, it is important for our patients to be aware of the risks of smoking and snuff the amount of smoking. The snuff or continue smoking is not a contraindication for dental implants but increases the risk of "rejection" or dental implant osseointegration and decreased survival.

by: Dr. Franklin B. Gonzalez Ortega

Dentist-Orthodontists
bvilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #6
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Thanks, Jay.
But you would think the OP would put forth the minmal effort to reach the predominantly non-Spanish speaking membership we have here.

This scenario is getting old.
Posted via Mobile Device
pnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #7
bvilchez
En búsqueda.....

First Name: Bolivar aka Jay
Trading: (76)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
bvilchez has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Thanks, Jay.
But you would think the OP would put forth the minmal effort to reach the predominantly non-Spanish speaking membership we have here.

This scenario is getting old.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm with you. I can read, write, and speak fluent Spanish. Just thought others should be afforded the same opportunity to read the article without them themselves having to put forth the effort.
bvilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:00 PM   #8
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvilchez View Post
I'm with you. I can read, write, and speak fluent Spanish. Just thought others should be afforded the same opportunity to read the article without them themselves having to put forth the effort.
Agreed, Brother. And we appreciate your effort. But my point is the the OP should be doing this.

Turn the scenario around. You are bi-lingual and join a online community based in Mexico or Central America. The board is in Spanish and virtually all of its members speak and post in Spanish. You decide to share links to information in English. How well do you think it would be received?

Just my and worth as much.
Posted via Mobile Device
pnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:27 PM   #9
cricky101
Micro brew tester

First Name: Chris
Trading: (8)
RA
cricky101 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Agreed, Brother. And we appreciate your effort. But my point is the the OP should be doing this.

Turn the scenario around. You are bi-lingual and join a online community based in Mexico or Central America. The board is in Spanish and virtually all of its members speak and post in Spanish. You decide to share links to information in English. How well do you think it would be received?

Posted via Mobile Device

If the posts are just to drive readers to another site, sounds like spam to me!
Old 10-20-2010, 02:31 PM   #10
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

This article is in Spanish for people who do not speak the language please ignore or translate., thanks!

That kinda says it all, don't it!
Old 10-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #11
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

All these posts are links to his blog... he's just trying to drive traffic there in my opinion.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:42 PM   #12
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

interesting article but i find your obvious attempt to drive page hits by offering no summary or translation of an article on a site you own or are affiliated to distastefull, rude, disrespectful, and many other words too. i will not be so kind as peter were i in his shoes. you would have found your account deleted long ago.
Posted via Mobile Device
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #13
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
interesting article but i find your obvious attempt to drive page hits by offering no summary or translation of an article on a site you own are affiliated to distastefull, rude, disrespectful, and many other words too. i will not be so kind as peter where i in his shoes. you would have found your account deleted long ago.
Posted via Mobile Device
While that has been posited, consider this. If he did provide translations on the same site, he would probably get many more hits from people here. As it is, one person translates the page and posts it here, so he only scores a single hit. If the translation were available at his site, he'd have a more international appeal and more hits.

Never put down to evil what can be explained by incompetence.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #14
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
While that has been posited, consider this. If he did provide translations on the same site, he would probably get many more hits from people here. As it is, one person translates the page and posts it here, so he only scores a single hit. If the translation were available at his site, he'd have a more international appeal and more hits.

Never put down to evil what can be explained by incompetence.
If it was only the first such post and he did not use his website with his username along with the obvious other clues to his motives I would agree with you. There is a very good reson most long standing web forums do not allow websites as user names. I have seen the pattern before and a spade is a spade. The toe provide this place of their own generosity. he is using the popularity of this site for his own gain. It goes beyound a single page click now as the internet is forever, or as long as the toe allow this thread to be around. but if they do they are allowing a parasite to leach off of their goodwill. I say forshame and begone with ye.
Posted via Mobile Device
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:02 PM   #15
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device
Agree 100%.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:05 PM   #16
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post

That kinda says it all, don't it!
Yeah If he's asking 90%+ of the board members to just ignore it......Why bother posting it without translation.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:23 PM   #17
mariogolbee

I hope he doesn't give us other Marios a bad name.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #18
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
All these posts are links to his blog... he's just trying to drive traffic there in my opinion.
Agreed. "Come look at me!"
Old 10-21-2010, 06:24 AM   #19
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Not sure that the article is very accurate anyway -- at least WRT implants. I have implants and I explicitly asked my doctor about cigars and he said "no problem". And, it's true -- I had no problems.

If anything, the cigars made the whole experience go a little easier for me.

I waited a few days after the extraction to make sure that the socket sealed up OK (can't remember the exact number of days, but again, the I had talked with the doctor). I also waited a couple of days after they put the post in. But otherwise, I enjoyed my cigars.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:05 AM   #20
www.cigar.com.do

dear friends.

My post is not spam, I say that if you dont speak Spanish PLEASE IGNORE, or if you want translate it.

you are so lazy? can not translate? I have to do it myself for you?

look at the point of view cigarnut the article is important for us and that is we do, share important information for you., we dont do the translate for you, if you think the article is important to you, do it the translation, we do 25 or 40 translation at day for article of our interest.

"remember the issue is not get traficc to the site is share important and interesting information for the smokers no matter their nationality or color".

thanks for the support www.cigar.com.do