Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #21
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The final word on "Cigars are good for me"

One of you old guys might have to explain staying power to the college boy. Should have thought of that...
Old 03-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #22
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Well there's that, and my incredible staying power.
Beats starting fires with my eyes, and I'm way more popular this way.
That's what he said!!!!

But think...you'll never need to worry about losing a ronson with the ability to start fires!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #23
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

This is very interesting Scott -- good to hear that your "hobby" is keeping you healthier -- that is one for the record books!

I take it from your comments that this is inherited? If so, what are the chances that Rebekeh will have this problem?

I'm sure you were joking earlier in your note about introducing her to cigars at 13, but maybe that's not so far fetched an idea...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #24
Razorhog
Feeling at Home

First Name: Beau
Trading: (4)
Razorhog is on a distinguished road

Glad you're a step closer to figuring it out! Smoke up!
Razorhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #25
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
This is very interesting Scott -- good to hear that your "hobby" is keeping you healthier -- that is one for the record books!

I take it from your comments that this is inherited? If so, what are the chances that Rebekeh will have this problem?

I'm sure you were joking earlier in your note about introducing her to cigars at 13, but maybe that's not so far fetched an idea...
Heck no, Michael. I'm not much of a "children are special flowers" guy. Goog has tried my cigars in the past. I let her try anything she wants. I'd far rather have her learn everything from me and get the facts to make her own decision, rather than learn from retarded 13 year olds like I did.
Fortunately she's way smarter than me and makes good decisions. I suppose it's easier when you have all the information.

Yes, it's inherited, and it's laterally transmitted. It doesn't need to be expressed, though. There's an autosomal dominant type and a recessive type.
My grandpa had this. I took care of him for lots of years, as did my brother, so I knew his disease really well. He was diagnosed with MS. So was I. I had MS for three years and knew it was a misdiagnosis because my symptoms didn't remotely fit. Add to that, I didn't respond to anything. That's why I've kept chasing this thing, and let the doctors torture me so much.

In order to find out what this is exactly, I have to do the drug trials. The one I'm taking now is used for this disorder and all those that are closely connected. If I respond, we can do the genetic testing, and voila. If I don't respond, I just to switch to one of two other drugs.
The cincher here is that I've had every test known to mankind. This particular syndrome has a few real catches. Two complications are pneumonia and chronic joint cramps. I've had pneumonia twice and have been plagued with joint rpoblems all my life. Add to that, I have low potassium, low testosterone, and low vitamin D, and all the associated symptoms, and we pretty much have the nail hit on the head.
It's just gonna take a little time with the meds now.
Once that's done, I can simply take Goog for a blood test. If her symptoms ever worsen, she can easily get taken care of. (She has many of them already, has since she was born.)
Fortunately this thing takes a long time to become a big bother. She's got lots of good years ahead, and by the time it becomes an issue, they'll probably be able to put her in a telphone booth and flash her and make her healthy.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #26
aich75013
Feeling at Home

First Name: Adrian
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
aich75013 will become famous soon enough

It sounds like that trip to the doctor was worth it!
aich75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:05 PM   #27
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

So I should feel no guilt when I avenge the Man of God from Wisconsin and also pay you back for exchanges that we have had in the past. Seems like it is just good for your health. Watch for a couple of boxes hidden in my next shipment of cigar bands.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #28
CEC_Tech
Old CS Gorilla

First Name: Armando
Trading: (5)
RyJ
CEC_Tech is on a distinguished road

My friend, it's time to get you up on Capitol Hill. You can be the poster boy for cigar rights!!!
CEC_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #29
Jack Straw
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (3)
Jack Straw is on a distinguished road

That's interesting. So basically you're a super hero, and your power is that you have to smoke cigars?
Old 03-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #30
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Good news Scott. I picture you with a dip in your mouth while smoking a cigar and snuffing at the same time. See your power is multi-tasking to make a better life for you
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote