Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 10-30-2008, 02:54 PM   #1
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough
Default Pipe Tobacco & Humidor Question???

Okay...I have CRS Syndrome and did one of those things...I had a small humi (20-30 count) that I wasn't using because I have three much larger humi's so I put it up on top of my armoire to get it out of the way...then I bought about a dozen pipe tobacco samples from C&D (1 oz. samples) that came in plastic ziplocs...because I had no room to store the ziplocs I pulled down the humi and threw them in there figuring I'd taste them all in the next few days and figure what I wanted to store in a better place and which I didn't like, and pass those I didn't like on to someone else to try...I knew the humi wasn't a good place to store the stuff but I figured a few days wouldn't make a difference...and then I forgot about the humi with the samples because I'd put it back on top of my armoire and it sorta got lost amongst all the empty cedar cigar boxes...for 2 years...then I just happened to notice it the other day and pulled it down and discovered I still had 4 ziplocs worth of samples in it that I never tried and pulled them out to rehydrate them, BUT, the humidor now smelled like a blend of pipe tobaccos...arggghhhh...any ideas from any of you cigar or pipe experts on how to get the pipe tobacco smell out of the humidor so it can again be used for cigars, or just pitch it and chalk it up as a loss? Damn CRS...
Old 10-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
webjunkie
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (1)
Punch
webjunkie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pipe Tobacco & Humidor Question???

Maybe do a wipe down with distilled water and then leave for a while with a box of baking soda? I dunno, maybe it'd just be better to write it off and get a cooler.
webjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:58 PM   #3
groogs
Have My Own Room

First Name: Grant
Trading: (62)
Trinidad
groogs will become famous soon enoughgroogs will become famous soon enough

I don't know about a Humi, but I had a cooler that I kept my Pipe Tobacco in, and I tried to clean it out and get rid of the smell and I never could. I scrubbed it out and left it out in the sun light open for more than a week and the smell never went away. I hope the humi doesn't hold smells like a Cooler.
groogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
parafumar

my friend, I fear you have a losing battle on your hands...
Old 11-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #5
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Unless it is a really, really nice 20 count with sentimental value I'd say just replace it. They are so cheap and a lot times are literally being given away by vendors.
AD720 is offline   Reply With Quote