Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #81
TJarv
In it to win it

First Name: Tony
Trading: (58)
HUpmann
TJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Fourth Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

I'll vote A as well

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
TJarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #82
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

A- works great for me
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #83
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

Well that's 6, and I know Matt doesn't work on Sunday's, so he would make 7 (assuming he is in for that as well), and Jarrod wouldn't have school on Sunday nights...so I think I'll set it at that.

DRAFT IS AUGUST 25th at 8:00 PM EST

Old 08-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #84
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

That day works here.
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #85
mkarnold1
Skol Vikings!

First Name: Mark
Trading: (22)
RA Army (Served With Honor)
mkarnold1 will become famous soon enoughmkarnold1 will become famous soon enough

I'm not available on the 25th. I'm out of town and have another draft that day. It would need to be autodraft for me. Maybe Mattso can pick my team? I hate the way autodraft fills out the roster before drafting backup RBs and WRs... Are you up for a double draft Mattso?
Old 08-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #86
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarnold1 View Post
I'm not available on the 25th. I'm out of town and have another draft that day. It would need to be autodraft for me. Maybe Mattso can pick my team? I hate the way autodraft fills out the roster before drafting backup RBs and WRs... Are you up for a double draft Mattso?
Should be no problem bro. Where are you going to be?
Old 08-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #87
JenksAnejo
Thunder Up

First Name: Jarrod
Trading: (51)
Partagas
JenksAnejo has a spectacular aura aboutJenksAnejo has a spectacular aura about

A works for me boys!
JenksAnejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #88
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaase321 View Post
Well that's 6, and I know Matt doesn't work on Sunday's, so he would make 7 (assuming he is in for that as well), and Jarrod wouldn't have school on Sunday nights...so I think I'll set it at that.

Ugh, I guess I'm a Dumb$4!T, Yahoo has their time zone in PDT, not EST...and now, all the good times are taken...so we can either keep the time at 8 PDT (which is 11:00 PM EST...and I am not a fan of this) or change it to 2:15 PDT (which is 5:15 EST).

Sorry for the F up guys

5:15 EST works for me, hopefully it does for others as well, let me know.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #89
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

BASIC RULES FOR THE CIGAR PASS:
• First simple rule…Put in more than you take, the pass is intended to seed future passes, and future leagues.
• Get it to the next guy immediately…let us know if you can’t receive the pass, we will jump you to the end if need be, we want this thing MOVING!
• Value for value on smokes. Nothing under $8.00

HARD RULES FOR THE CIGAR PASS

1.) You MUST purchase insurance when shipping the pass box. The box is to go between recipients via Priority Mail, Insured for $499. If insurance is not purchased, and the pass is lost, the sender will be held responsible for replacement cost of the pass contents.
It costs roughly $18.00-$20.00 to ship the box, insured. If anything ever happens that causes someone to find themselves short shipping fees on their week, please let me or one of the group know so we can cover you.

2.) So far as Puts and Takes go...
• If you take a cc, put a cc. If you take an nc, put an nc.
• If a pass participant wishes to forego the nc/nc, cc/cc rule, they may do so, in either direction, but it will require of them a premium. Their replacement stick in a cc for nc or nc for cc trade must be a cigar valued significantly higher than that which he is taking. Another option is that the replacement cigar be a Rare/HTF stick, widely considered more valuable than the take.
• The goal here is for us to create and carry on an absolutely top-notch pass. Please respect that, and replace cigars with premium cigars. That's not to say there's not a place in our lives for lower notch cigars, just please, not in this pass. It's special, and when it arrives on your weekend, it should completely blow your mind (I know it did this in the past).
• In the spirit of part c, it will be considered perfectly acceptable for someone to take more than one cigar to make up the value of their put.
• As with all passes, the value of your puts should always be greater than that of your takes.
• Every time a member receives the pass box, he agrees to add a couple extra premium cigars, above and beyond his puts/takes, to seed this pass for years to come.
• Please post your puts and takes in the Fantasy Football thread so a couple guys can okay them before you ship to the next participant. Your description must be very accurate. (The League Commissioner tracks all puts and takes just in case) If you have time for pics, that'd be best. Being as time is of the essence and our schedule is so aggressive, pics are NOT mandated, but highly encouraged.
• You can take up to seven (7) cigars. If you have a situation where a take equals 2 cigars, you may take more, so long as your put for the 2 cigars is of sufficient value.

3.) If at any point you have a question concerning this pass or its rules please contact one of the Commissioners.

4.) Once the package is received, you MUST get it on it's way within 2 business days. We will not hunt you down and torture you for non-compliance, but know you're letting down a good brother who's really excited.

5.) If your schedule isn't going to work and you're afraid you won't be able to get the pass out immediately when you receive it, just let the guy ahead of you know and he can pass you up. Then let me know and we'll fit you back in when it works and I'll get a new schedule to all the guys. Doing this is not a problem at all, it's my pleasure. If we have to change your spot 20 times, still not a problem. Letting down your brothers is.

6.) Once mailed, please post the shipped date (if it's different from your posting date) & delivery confirmation or tracking number. Let us know what courier you used if not USPS, and DO NOT FORGET INSURANCE!!!

7.) If at some point this pass overfills the box, let me know and we'll figure out what to do. (i.e. Get a bigger box, or remove some of the sticks that seeded the pass…From Scott Shilala last year when the pass was started)

8.) In the box will be single finger bags. Please make sure all cigars are placed in single finger bags and marked with the cigar’s name and year made (if known). There are also other supplies in there, please use them as necessary.

9.) The person (i.e. Cole “The Commissioner) who is keeping track of the pass must be notified of puts/takes. Posting in the Fantasy Football thread is considered notification. A pm to the keeper with a link to your post would be a helpful reminder to him.

10.) The pass will start once all teams are signed on and will run until the end of February, or whatever time makes itself obvious as suitable.

11.) Each round of the pass, I will notify all participants (which is why emails and phone numbers are required if we cannot get a hold of you on CA) that the pass will go around again. You are the ability to “opt” out of any pass round if you so choose, just let me know before we start the round.

12.) The pass will run in the most basic geographic order, starting with Scott Shilala in Streetsboro, Ohio.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #90
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

League Rules (that aren't stated in Yahoo):
• All the player’s names, phone numbers (for contact), email addresses (for contact, if needed only), mailing addresses (for pass purposes) and CA names need to be PM'ed to Mattso300 and me. We need these immediately to start the pass.
• Teams who fold will immediately have manager replaced.
Don’t be a fool!!!! Dropping a STUD on a bye week will be looked upon with stern dissatisfaction (i.e. future league consideration), reason being, another team could pick them up for nothing, and you just lost your stud and gave another team ANOTHER stud!
ALL PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED ONLY AFTER ALL ENTRIES ARE PAID!!!! hate to punish the winner, but it's only fair.

Playoff Rules: (i.e. things not stated on Yahoo!)
• The winner (1) of the Loser’s bracket (6 teams) will get a 10’er of sticks from either myself, or sticks from the pass that are duplicates/or not “on par” with the other “choice” sticks (or combination of both).
o I will track the Loser’s bracket on here (as I can't on Yahoo) and let each team know in advance who they play for the two weeks of playoffs. (NOTE: 3 teams will play the final week for the Loser’s championship, that’s just how it works with 6 teams playing in 2 weeks).
Old 08-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #91
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about

Hopefully we can keep the time at 8 PDT as I have another draft that day and I would like to live draft my time. I guess it comes down to how many East coast guys we have and what works best for the majority.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #92
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate View Post
Hopefully we can keep the time at 8 PDT as I have another draft that day and I would like to live draft my time. I guess it comes down to how many East coast guys we have and what works best for the majority.
Travis, you are not the only one that my screw up is hurting, so I am trying to figure something out that makes it good for all of us.

Scott mentioned that usually around the actual draft date more times open up, so I am going to look into that, and also look into a couple other options.

If I end up being able to get 8 EST (5 PDT) would that be good with you?

I'm also looking into doing an Offline draft, where I do everything manually, but we still participate together (i.e. having a conference call where everyone tracks players picked and I keep track of all the picks for who and what rounds).

I just want to make it fair for everyone.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #93
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about

8 EST or any time after that would be perfect for me. Hopefully you can find a time that works for everyone. Thanks!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #94
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

Quote:

Guys, we are back on for our ORIGINAL DRAFT TIME!!!!

Sorry it changed so much, but I messed up before and I was just checking this morning. Yahoo had put back up that 5:00 PM PDT (8:00 PM EST) as an option to pick on the 25th so I grabbed it!

I think that this time worked for everyone other than Mark, but that Matt was going to help draft for him. Just made my day!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:31 AM   #95
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

Make sure you guys are getting your entries to me (or letting me know if you have a situation holding you up, please)

I have received:
Mine
Scott Shilala
Scott Sizer
Matt
Mark

Leaves to be paid yet:
Tony
John
Jarrod
Mike (arrangements made)
Travis

Remember, 6 premium smokes for the entry ($60) and at least 6 troops smokes

Thanks all!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #96
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

Also, I wanted everyone to know that I received the pass from Scott this past weekend when I stopped by his place after the Shack herf. I am going to go through the pass most likely on Wednesday and:
-organize it
-check all the sticks to ensure they are not damaged in anyway as they shouldn't be
-take out sticks that Scott used last year to seed the pass (other than the CCs) and send them back to him
-document all the sticks into my handy dandy spreadsheet so everything is tracked

I would like to get the pass order worked out logistically by then as well, so make sure you get me your addresses this week. Hopefully I can get the pass in the mail by Friday/Saturday this week to the first lucky recipient
Old 08-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #97
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

HdM

Who sent my entry in? I was just packing something up! I sent 100 troop sticks to Shilala so I should be good to go on that part...at least for my first two bets.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #98
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattso3000 View Post
Who sent my entry in? I was just packing something up! I sent 100 troop sticks to Shilala so I should be good to go on that part...at least for my first two bets.
Ah crap, you are correct. The troop sticks for you are in. The entry sticks are needed yet.

First two bets....
Old 08-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #99
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

Quote:
Make sure you guys are getting your entries to me (or letting me know if you have a situation holding you up, please)

I have received:
Mine
Scott Shilala
Scott Sizer
Mark

Leaves to be paid yet:
Tony
John
Jarrod
Mike (arrangements made)
Travis
Matt

Remember, 6 premium smokes for the entry ($60) and at least 6 troops smokes

Thanks all!
update
Old 08-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #100
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

Hey Guys, just wanted to remind everyone that the Draft is coming up this SUNDAY (Aug 25th) at 8:00 PM EST (5:00 PM PST).

Also, not to be that di<k but this was in Scott's first post, and is still the rule:

Buy in will be six premiums ($60.00 minimum value, NC and/or CC) and a sixer (minimum) for the troops, due prior to the first week's kickoff. You all know the drill on sending betting smokes along with your buy-in to save money. Feel free to handle that however you like.

As of today's mail:

I have received:
Mine (Entry and Troops)
Scott Shilala (Entry and Troops)
Scott Sizer (Entry and Troops)
Mark (Entry and Troops)
Travis (Entry and Troops, UPS dropping off 8/23)

Leaves to be paid yet:
Tony
John
Jarrod
Matt
Mike (arrangements made)

I know it's not the first week's kickoff yet, but I just wanted to get the reminder out...I don't want to have to be the AZZ that has to send out the nasty reminders. Also, I actually am really chill, so if you want to make other arraignments (like Coach "Mike" did) that's totally cool with me, just let me know. Communication is the key here

Good luck...and I'll totally understand if after the draft you all want to just give up after seeing my KICK AZZ TEAM!!!!!!