Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-19-2011, 08:35 AM   #121
Research-Colin

Default Re: Mobile Stogie moving to new owner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Colin: I Already Purchased Both Versions. How Do I Transfer My Cigars From Old Version To New? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHNewfie View Post
Cannot be done from what I can gather...
That's correct. The old version did not have a way to export information. Sorry about that.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #122
Research-Colin

I don't want to beat a dead horse but just to announce that if you go to the app store now, Mobile Stogie 3.0 is available at a lower price for the next four days. For US buyers that means half price. It is close to that in other currencies too.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #123
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Any updates on a Droid version?

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #124
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Just purchased this morning and the app won't let me add to the humidor.
I push add to humidor and the save new review page comes up for a different cigar!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #125
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

I just tried to enter notes to the review to see if it would then add it to the humidor.
It saved the review but didn't add the stick to my humi and deleted the stick from the reference section!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:32 AM   #126
Research-Colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
Any updates on a Droid version?
I'm still looking for someone who can translate the code from IOS to Android. Know anyone? Especially know anyone who would work for cigars?
Old 03-22-2011, 04:34 AM   #127
Research-Colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
I just tried to enter notes to the review to see if it would then add it to the humidor.
It saved the review but didn't add the stick to my humi and deleted the stick from the reference section!
please send me an email and I'll see that we figure out the problem you are having. support@mobilestogie.com
Old 03-22-2011, 04:44 AM   #128
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

email inbound
Old 03-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #129
aich75013
Feeling at Home

First Name: Adrian
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
aich75013 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Have you tried rebooting the phone? I installed it this morning and had no problems. I added a new humidor, then added a box to it.
aich75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #130
jonumberone
Raw Dog

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Research-Colin View Post
please send me an email and I'll see that we figure out the problem you are having. support@mobilestogie.com
Quote:
email inbound
Still no response to my email
Old 03-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #131
Research-Colin

Quote:
Still no response to my email
I believe that your problem has been solved and your email was responded to. Right?

Thanks for using Mobile Stogie 3.0.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #132
aich75013
Feeling at Home

Montecristo

Colin,
Is there a future plan to be able to import/export. (I know these things take time when this isn't your full time job, so I'm not expecting it tomorrow.)
I'd like to be able to keep the same inventory on my iPad and iPhone.

Also, if you do an iPad version, will it be a different app, or one that can be used for both.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #133
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Bought the app, looks good so far, now to find time to catalog both of my desktop humidors...
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:54 PM   #134
Research-Colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aich75013 View Post
Colin,
Is there a future plan to be able to import/export. (I know these things take time when this isn't your full time job, so I'm not expecting it tomorrow.)

Also, if you do an iPad version, will it be a different app, or one that can be used for both.
I'm glad that you are interested. This is currently something that we are discussing. The current app has the ability to export. So we're part of the way there. There are some difficulties associated with importing or synching. I won't get into all of that here because I'm getting ahead of myself. But anyway, we're talking about it.

As for an iPad version. We're also talking about this and taking preliminary steps. The app would be substantially different while still offering the same features. It would just have a bit more and also a different appearance due to the larger real estate.

So as for iPad, yes, an app is on the books but since this isn't my full-time job, it will take a while.

One thing about developing these apps is that we are miles ahead on concepts, features, and ideas for upgrades. The time consuming part is trying to code them, organize them, and then the really hard part is to make sure it all works right and doesn't negatively impact other features already working on the app. With all the features in this app already, this can be tricky. So anyway, there is a pipeline of ideas, the task now is to find the time to do the work.

This is a passion project for me. I wanted to make a cigar review app myself. When Ken offered to sell me Mobile Stogie, I thought it would be great because he had already built the basic architecture and I would just have to add on to it. That is true, it has worked like that but it is also slightly challenging to build on code that you didn't design yourself. The transition has been challenging but I hope that ultimately, people will be happy with the results.

Sincerely,
Colin
Old 03-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #135
Research-Colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aich75013 View Post
Colin,

Oh, also, with an iPad app, the idea is for the two apps to be able to talk with each other and synch. We are also looking at being able to synch the same app on two devices. Complicated stuff for me so I don't have an answer just yet but am researching it.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #136
aich75013
Feeling at Home

Montecristo

Thanks for the answers, Colin. Looking forward to it.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:28 PM   #137
Bacchus

Just re-booted my iPhone 3G S - no change. App store says all updates are current. Still can't add a humi - app still closes out on me whenever I click on a review I've already done. Still useless to me and I have the right 3.0 ver.

Any guess as to when fixes might be done?

Thanks,

Bacchus
Old 04-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #138
Research-Colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Just re-booted my iPhone 3G S - no change. App store says all updates are current. Still can't add a humi - app still closes out on me whenever I click on a review I've already done. Still useless to me and I have the right 3.0 ver.

Any guess as to when fixes might be done?

Thanks,

Bacchus
This sounds like a local problem. Did you manually shut down the apps you had running before re-booting? If you don't know how to do that or did that and are still having problems, email support@mobilestogie.com and we can deal with your specific problem.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #139
Krieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Research-Colin View Post
For the past few days we have been adding cigars to the database. We did small amounts first and finally, last night we finished the job. The next time you update your database you will find over 9,500 unique cigars in the Mobile Stogie App. This applies to people with any version of the app.

As I promised, I am announcing this here first. With the people who have Ken's version in mind, I have lowered the price of Mobile Stogie by Cigar Research version 3.0 for next week. From Mar 21-24 you will be able to buy the app for half price. All you have to do is go to the app store and buy the app as usual. You will see that on those days the price has been lowered. The price you see is the price you will pay so wait until you see that it has gone down in price.

I, and my friends, have been working very hard on this app update. I hope that if you are happy with all the new features and the huge number of cigars now in the database, that you will leave a positive review in iTunes. It makes a big difference. Also, there have been a couple negative comments that I am trying to counteract. One said there was no search feature when there was. And the others were written during the transition when we were struggling to get our first updated version out.

Anyway, thanks for your continued support and I hope that you enjoy the update. If you have any corrections to suggest to me, please send it to support@mobilestogie.com. That is the only place I am certain to see it.

Sincerely,
Colin

I bought 3.0, but still waiting for the cigar database update, it has now been over a month. WTF? (total of 3697, 150 brands)
Old 04-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #140
Bacchus

I'll second what Krieg said. The app store says all apps are updated but I still have the same number as Krieg - 3697. What's up with this?

Bacchus