Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
treatneggy
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Kurt
Trading: (8)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
treatneggy is on a distinguished road
Default Interesting Find

I just recently got some Heartfelt beads in my cooler to replace the always-dried-out green foam block I had in there and while I was rummaging through my cooler and I found 3 unopened bundles of eStix RLS robustos that I had purchased in 2000 and never got around to smoking.

I opened one up and brought 2 to work with me this morning and smoked one over my lunch break. Unfortunately, it didn't burn well. It seemed too wet on one side and kept tunnelling. From what I got out it, the flavor seems to have held up pretty well, but it is a lot milder that what I tend to smoke these days.

I'm going to let the other one sit in my humi at work for a week or so to see if it stabilizes and try again. I think the beads are keeping the cooler RH higher that the cigars are used to - I don't have a hygrometer in there atm since I am trying to re-calibrate it. Stupid analog. I wish I could afford some digitals to replace them with.

So....

Does anyone on here know anything about these sticks? From what I remember and was able to find on alt.smokers.cigars, they were supposed to be (seconds of?) the original blend SLRs before Altadis? bought them out.
treatneggy is offline   Reply With Quote