Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Goldie
Bring the pain!

First Name: Drew
Trading: (13)
Bolivar
Goldie has a spectacular aura aboutGoldie has a spectacular aura about
Default Fresh start with Scotch/Whiskey and single malt

So yesterday I stopped at the liquor store on my way to work (doesn't quite sound right, does it?) and was browsing their selection of Scotch and single malt(s) and what not. I wanted to get something to start out and the clerk recommended a small bottle of Johnnie Walker Red as a good place to start.

I also wanted to do some research but came up rather empty handed. So I have two questions that I hope someone can answer for me, or multiple people for that matter.

1. Is there is solid source of information (website) that is rather comprehensive when it comes to Scotch and single malts?

2. Does anyone know of an online retailer that sells a single malt sampler? I would like to get some small 50ml bottles as a taster before I start buying bottles.

And other than the above questions, does anyone have any general recommendations, information, etc that they would be happy to share with a Scotch newb. I look forward to diving into this world as much as I enjoy the cigar world.

Edit: And just to add, I have started browsing through some of the threads here, so I know this is a good place to start, but any information is appreciated.

Thanks gents,

Drew

Last edited by Goldie; 12-27-2010 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Edit to add
Goldie is offline   Reply With Quote