Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 06-21-2013, 05:39 AM   #1
rooneymurph
Stairway to Seven

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (1)
Army (Served With Honor)
rooneymurph is on a distinguished road
Default A question about the devilsite and humidors.

My apologies if this has been covered before; I did try to search and see if the subject had been brought up previously.

I've quickly become a fan of Cbid; snagged a sweet Xikar lighter on there for half off MSRP. Given my recent trade with AdamJoshua and many inevitable purchases of cigars to come, I know I'm going to need a good humidor. I've currently got a coolerdor rigged up, which is fine -- but I would still like a humidor as well.

There's always these humidors listed on the site (i.e. the Treasure Dome) and various other ones that look sweet (the Steampunk one that's on there right now) but I have no real way of telling if they're worth the money. I've read it's best to buy them "in person" if possible, but I'm wondering how people's purchases have been with CB. I would put more consideration into buying a humidor through them if I knew there'd be few issues, and the quality was worth it.

My big thing is that despite the product descriptions, there's nothing listing who actually makes some of these. I'd almost rather have a custom one built where I know the process.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: A question about the devilsite and humidors.

You can check out this site -- it might have more information and it might not. It is one of the wholesalers that provides humidors to B&Ms and Internet retailers in the US -- Quality Importers.

Note that there are no prices listed as they are only a wholesaler.

My only piece of advice would be to avoid glass and embedded hygrometers in your humidor. Both look cool, but they are often a source of leaks in mass-produced humidors.

If you do buy a humidor with glass or an embedded hygrometer I would recommend applying some aquarium-grade silicone sealant around the joint (in the inside of the humidor) to seal any leaks. You should do this before seasoning and give it a few days or a week to dry and air out.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

First Name: Scotty
Trading: (31)
Lockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really nice

Are they worth it? Sure. I have an Old World humi from Quality Importers, and it's been fine. I paid under $100 for it. I'd buy another one if I needed it.

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
Lockspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Cigarbid humidors are very serviceable, I had a number of Treasure Dome humidors, and they all were very good quality. Myself and a few other members also bought tower humidors from there as well, and as far as I know, none have had problems not already associated with glass front towers.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockspur View Post
Are they worth it? Sure. I have an Old World humi from Quality Importers, and it's been fine. I paid under $100 for it. I'd buy another one if I needed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Cigarbid humidors are very serviceable, I had a number of Treasure Dome humidors, and they all were very good quality. Myself and a few other members also bought tower humidors from there as well, and as far as I know, none have had problems not already associated with glass front towers.
Good points! I did not address this but should have. They are very good -- especially for mass-produced humidors. I have a Ravello that I have had for around 15 years and it is still great.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote