Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 12-20-2023, 08:33 AM   #3701
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Well, I told myself I was taking a break from buying anymore bottles. Yea, right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post

Bob, did you take notice of the stats (floor, proof)? Love those OFBSSB when they're on.

Old 12-20-2023, 09:00 AM   #3702
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

130+ proof, nice Bob!

I received a bottle from one Mr. Ben Stearns yesterday...also 13+ proof and right in my wheelhouse. Thank you Ben !

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 01:35 PM   #3703
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

I’m hoping it’s good, Tom. He wasn’t pouring samples. But I’ve enjoyed most of their store picks so far.

Oh, he offered to sell me a Whistle Pig 21 year Beholden, at msrp ($800). Ouch.
Old 12-20-2023, 03:19 PM   #3704
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Christmas allocated drops have been announced at the local spot, they tried being cute last year with random timed releases each day but they probably got tired of people standing around in the store so this year they're going straightforward, a table of stuff out when they open each morning Friday-Sunday. Usually the first 2-3 spots get the big boys (pappy, birthday bourbon, etc) and the next dozen or so get something special (parkers, 4R LE, etc). Last year I got an EHT BP at one of these but the guy a few in front of me that was only there a couple hours earlier got Pappy 23, hopefully I can out-crazy them this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Oh, he offered to sell me a Whistle Pig 21 year Beholden, at msrp ($800). Ouch.
Get that overpriced single malt out of here!

Actually that price is pretty fair but I'm certainly not a buyer, I have a friend that got one but never heard if he liked it or not
Old 12-20-2023, 04:31 PM   #3705
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
Christmas allocated drops have been announced at the local spot, they tried being cute last year with random timed releases each day but they probably got tired of people standing around in the store so this year they're going straightforward, a table of stuff out when they open each morning Friday-Sunday. Usually the first 2-3 spots get the big boys (pappy, birthday bourbon, etc) and the next dozen or so get something special (parkers, 4R LE, etc). Last year I got an EHT BP at one of these but the guy a few in front of me that was only there a couple hours earlier got Pappy 23, hopefully I can out-crazy them this year
Im hoping I can snag something from my local store. Owner mentioned a while back their allotment was coming in. Keep going by every few days to see what’s new. Not sure I’ve developed the clout yet. He didn’t mention anything today about those, so the WP surprised me.

BTW, that Blantons is a store pick. Not sure when I’ll crack that. Maybe Xmas.
Old 12-20-2023, 05:42 PM   #3706
Black Coral
Have My Own Room

First Name: John
Trading: (11)
Cohiba
Black Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the rough

Well midwinter night dram and two bottle high west bundle dropping in Minneapolis tomorrow am at top ten so at 9 will see what me and mom get

Should be fun she has never been in a bourbon line
Black Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 08:29 PM   #3707
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Cracked open the OFSiBBP. The nose reminds me of buttered French toast with maple syrup. Not shabby for a neck pour.
Old 12-20-2023, 11:05 PM   #3708
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
JL
Beagleone will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Coral View Post
Well midwinter night dram and two bottle high west bundle dropping in Minneapolis tomorrow am at top ten so at 9 will see what me and mom get

Oh that will be fun. Hopefully she enjoys it.
Old 12-20-2023, 11:09 PM   #3709
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

JL

We are not sure about the annual massive New Year's Eve Eve drop from Saz/BT and Spec's this year. The social media guy from the main store has let it be known he is not in the loop for this year's potential drop. My telegram group is saying it will move from the main Dallas store to one close to my office and corporate apartment. How big and what will be available, we have not heard yet. Last year, the party started 5 days earlier and there was several thousand in line. I avoid it if possible, but with a bed/show/toilet within striking distance, I might consider it if the rumor is true.
Old 12-21-2023, 05:31 AM   #3710
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagleone View Post
We are not sure about the annual massive New Year's Eve Eve drop from Saz/BT and Spec's this year. The social media guy from the main store has let it be known he is not in the loop for this year's potential drop. My telegram group is saying it will move from the main Dallas store to one close to my office and corporate apartment. How big and what will be available, we have not heard yet. Last year, the party started 5 days earlier and there was several thousand in line. I avoid it if possible, but with a bed/show/toilet within striking distance, I might consider it if the rumor is true.
Always sounds like a fun time, but even with decent weather I'm not gonna be waiting days, especially not for store picks even if it's a whole lot of all the good ones. I'm hoping to score something shiny that makes me feel like the numb toes were worth it

Quote:
In my experience there are two very different ways it can go when somebody else sees this side of the hobby. I'll never forget the thanksgiving drop when a guy brought his girlfriend, got there 5 minutes before they opened so he was about 300 people back, then she pulls out her phone to make a video calling everybody there plus her boyfriend an idiot for waiting for bourbon. I can't imagine it was worth the day full of ridicule for a consolation bottle of Eagle Rare
Old 12-21-2023, 06:13 AM   #3711
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Tony have you seen any Blanton's Gold store picks? I've got a friend in Texas that got one and said there were a few other stores around that had them, first I'd heard of them but he said it was delicious
Old 12-21-2023, 08:44 AM   #3712
Black Coral
Have My Own Room

First Name: John
Trading: (11)
Cohiba
Black Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the rough

Well very civilized, skipped the mid winters since they offered me an Elmer t with a anejo cincorro bundle and mom and old ritz 17 with a casa azul
Black Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 08:50 AM   #3713
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Quote:
Well very civilized, skipped the mid winters since they offered me an Elmer t with a anejo cincorro bundle and mom and old ritz 17 with a casa azul
Double Jackpot!
Old 12-21-2023, 09:06 AM   #3714
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Great scores, John!

Glad the OF is good, Bob.

Ben, out-crazy them all for sure!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 12-21-2023, 09:41 AM   #3715
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

JL

Quote:
Good score!
Old 12-21-2023, 09:42 AM   #3716
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

JL

Quote:
Tony have you seen any Blanton's Gold store picks? I've got a friend in Texas that got one and said there were a few other stores around that had them, first I'd heard of them but he said it was delicious
I haven't seen it, but I haven't been looking for Blantons either. I have plenty as is. I picked up a Gold earlier this year. I should check to see if it was a SP or not.
Old 12-21-2023, 01:22 PM   #3717
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Did a little hunting while I was out Xmas shopping. As usual, my local store comes thru.

Looks like they’re putting out various HTF bottles. There was another one I wanted but it was a limit of one. So I had a friend stop by after work. Snagged me a Bookers 2022-01.
Old 12-21-2023, 01:43 PM   #3718
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Old 12-21-2023, 01:46 PM   #3719
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Some more nice pickups, Bob.

Old 12-21-2023, 02:05 PM   #3720
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Some more nice pickups, Bob.
Pretty much.