Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 09-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
Brad

Default Blazer finally bit the dust

Been having lots of issues with my Blazer PB-207 the last couple months. Yesterday, it finally croaked. There is no spark from the ignitor anymore, and part of the ceramic around the burner cracked and fell off (I didn't drop it either ). Lasted a little over a year. I guess I'm hard on lighters, I had a Xikar Exec that failed within 6 months (piece of crap!) and now the Blazer.

I made my way over to Walmart this morning, bought 3 Ronson Jetlites for $2.97 each.

No more wasting money on lighters for me.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:14 AM   #2
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Blazer finally bit the dust

Wow, sorry to hear this. My Blazer has served me well over the last year and I plan on getting another one if it sputters out on me.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough

Blazer is pretty reputable and makes good products, I would sure see if they will repllace it or repair it under warranty. I always keep at least a half-dozen Ronsons on hand just in case all else fails they always light!

If you try the warranty out let us know the results, I am all about doing business with folks that stand behind what they sell!
captain53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #4
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

First Name: Scott
Trading: (13)
poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough

It's all about the ronson jetlites. They are the only lighter I use anymore.
Scott

Bearded Dad Blog
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #5
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

My first Blazer PB-207 lasted 4 years, probably thousands of cigars between friends and I....I am on my second one now, and will remain loyal.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:58 PM   #6
CasaDooley
Herf Crew of 2

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (41)
HUpmann Navy (Disabled Vet)
CasaDooley has a spectacular aura aboutCasaDooley has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain53 View Post
Blazer is pretty reputable and makes good products, I would sure see if they will repllace it or repair it under warranty. I always keep at least a half-dozen Ronsons on hand just in case all else fails they always light!

If you try the warranty out let us know the results, I am all about doing business with folks that stand behind what they sell!
Blazers warranty is 1 yearhttp://http://www.blazerproducts.com/lighters/warranty.html
But for 25 bucks and change they will repair or replace. Not a bad deal. I just sent my PB-207 (original w/o the child lock) in after it crapped out after 4+ years.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:58 AM   #7
Brad

I discovered last night that the Jetlites suck for lighting large ring gauage cigars. Flame doesn't seem to be big enough, even on the highest setting.

So I got one of those bad boys today for the larger sticks.

My B&M had them for $15. More than Deal Extreme, but I don't have to wait 2 weeks for it to ship either. So far, working pretty good.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #8
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Brad, which Wal-Mart had the Ronsons? The one in Western Hills?
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:08 AM   #9
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Brad, which Wal-Mart had the Ronsons? The one in Western Hills?
Nope, that one doesn't have crap. I got mine at the Super Wallys on Colerain Ave right off Cross County Hwy. They had 2 left when I was there on Saturday. They are in the check out lane with the tobacco, behind the register. You'll have to ask for them. They are on the left side, top shelf, by the framed certificate. They aren't on a peg, they are in a cardboard box.

$2.97 each.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #10
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Nope, that one doesn't have crap. I got mine at the Super Wallys on Colerain Ave right off Cross County Hwy. They had 2 left when I was there on Saturday. They are in the check out lane with the tobacco, behind the register. You'll have to ask for them. They are on the left side, top shelf, by the framed certificate. They aren't on a peg, they are in a cardboard box.

$2.97 each.
Thanks!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #11
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I discovered last night that the Jetlites suck for lighting large ring gauage cigars. Flame doesn't seem to be big enough, even on the highest setting.

My B&M had them for $15. More than Deal Extreme, but I don't have to wait 2 weeks for it to ship either. So far, working pretty good.
Yes sir, I am a Jetlite Nut but they are limited to about a 50 RG so I use a Solder-it torch that I love for the bigger stuff. But I do keep the Ronson there for "touching up the canoes" as the big gun will cut it in half if you slip.
captain53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #12
eber
Have My Own Room

First Name: Erik
Trading: (7)
Bolivar
eber will become famous soon enough

Quote:

how long have you had that lighter? I have been thinking about getting one for my smoking room just want to make sure its reliable
eber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #13
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough

Bought 5 Blazers back in 1996, still on my first one (the rest are sleeping in their original boxes since then), no issues whatsoever. I like Ronsons, but as someone mentioned above, they aren't that good at lighting larger ring gauges.
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #14
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by eber View Post
how long have you had that lighter? I have been thinking about getting one for my smoking room just want to make sure its reliable
I just got it today. So far it's working fine.