Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 06-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #61
mariogolbee

Default Re: Board games / table top RPGs?

Anybody get around to playing something on International Tabletop Day ac couple of months ago?
Old 06-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #62
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

I didn't play on tabletop day - but we played the day before. Been playing some Arkham Horror, Spacehulk: Death Angel, Last Night on Earth, Zombicide, etc.

Still playing D&D most Fridays. We're 1 module into Rise of the Runelords.
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #63
Sweet_Leaf_PDX
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jason
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Sweet_Leaf_PDX will become famous soon enoughSweet_Leaf_PDX will become famous soon enough

Anyone played Battletech? I found a starter box set of this game at Goodwill and have tried playing it a few times with some friends. I really like the elements of the game and the whole concept, but it has to be one of the most intense (mentally and mathematically) and time consuming games I have ever tried to play. I enjoyed playing the Mechwarrior games, so that’s what drew my attention to this. Anyway – once we all got a basic understanding of the rules we set up the game on my friends deck and had a good afternoon to Battletech/Cigars. I just it was a bit more simplified because we would probably play it more often.
Sweet_Leaf_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #64
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

I'm into strip poker, and got yer rocket-propelled grenade right here.

Though to be truthful, it's more a pocket rocket than a table-top model.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #65
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light

A friend and I have never played tabletop but would like to learn via Skype.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:59 AM   #66
mariogolbee

Alex, those are all good games. Well, I haven't tried Zombicide yet, but I've heard it's all the rage. Isn't Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder? I haven't touched any D&D for years, but have really picked up Pathfinder Society Organized Play. I know PF cam from 3.5, so it's all compatible anyway.

Jason, I got the Battletech boxed set when it came out a couple of years back. Never got it to the table, but will some day. It's a fantastic set for what you get.

Andy, if you are interested in plying through Skype, I can help out with that. I think you're referring to RPGs. If so, I already have a couple of virtual tabletops setup and can run them using a virtual map and Skype or preferably Google Hangouts. Virtual table tops are easy to use and work extremely well for games. Just LMK. I would LOVE to help get you and your buddy started.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:15 AM   #67
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Been awhile for me since I joined in for board game night with some of my buddies, reading this thread has got me itching to play again.

Some of our favorites include Carcasonne, Settlers of Catan, Talisman, and Ascension.

Ascension is my favorite, it's a very fast paced deck building game and you can literally learn the ins and outs in just a single play thru which makes it far more interesting with new players.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #68
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
Been awhile for me since I joined in for board game night with some of my buddies, reading this thread has got me itching to play again.

Some of our favorites include Carcasonne, Settlers of Catan, Talisman, and Ascension.

Ascension is my favorite, it's a very fast paced deck building game and you can literally learn the ins and outs in just a single play thru which makes it far more interesting with new players.
Do you have Ascension on your phone?