Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2009, 07:40 AM   #1
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Post Office Getting Lazy

Is it just me or is USPS getting lazy?? The past four packages I have sent via Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation, none of these packages were ever updated in the system. Nothing showed the tracking of the package, not even after it was delivered. Anyone else having this happen to them lately?
Old 10-16-2009, 07:45 AM   #2
ahc4353

Default Re: Post Office Getting Lazy

Have one in no mans land right now!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:45 AM   #3
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Yep. I've frequently been getting the "There is no record of that account" crap, even after the package is delivered. All of them have been with flat rate shipping labels I've printed with Click & Ship. Pisses me off.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #4
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Same here
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #5
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
Yep. I've frequently been getting the "There is no record of that account" crap, even after the package is delivered. All of them have been with flat rate shipping labels I've printed with Click & Ship. Pisses me off.
This has been a source of frustration for me as well
Old 10-16-2009, 08:28 AM   #6
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Is it just me or is USPS getting lazy?? The past four packages I have sent via Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation, none of these packages were ever updated in the system. Nothing showed the tracking of the package, not even after it was delivered. Anyone else having this happen to them lately?
Did you turn them in to a clerk or did you use the self help computer?
I find the latter never, ever gets updated.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:20 AM   #7
LeoM
"Say what again!"

First Name: Leo
Trading: (87)
Partagas
LeoM will become famous soon enoughLeoM will become famous soon enough

Yep, all the time recently.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #8
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Have one in no mans land right now!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:30 AM   #9
safariguy
There's one. Set for stun

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
safariguy will become famous soon enoughsafariguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
This has happened to me as well the one time I tried Click and Ship from home. The package arrived alright, but there was no tracking. I took my email receipt into the local post office, while the package was enroute. They said that the tracking number did not fit the format! I told them that it absolutly fit the format the same as every other tracking number and they just would not believe me. I am going to switch to UPS.
safariguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #10
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I have had two packages in the last two weeks say that they were delivered, only to not have them be delivered until the next day...but I believe this is an issue with my local post office and not the system.

Keep in mind, these are delivery confirmation numbers, and not "tracking" numbers.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:17 AM   #11
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

I dont even bother to look anymore. I just print the label and cross my fingers.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:43 AM   #12
Footbag
I Need My Space

First Name: Adam
Partagas
Footbag will become famous soon enoughFootbag will become famous soon enough

Credit where credit is due. I've been having luck recently. Sent a priority mail package out yesterday, got an update as it crossed the counter, as it left the post office, as it got sorted at destination PO and now it's marked out for delivery.
I did insure it, don't know if they treat them differently. But I do believe our local post offices customer service is way above average. They will bend over backwards if anything goes wrong. They have earned my business.
Footbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:45 AM   #13
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Keep in mind, these are delivery confirmation numbers, and not "tracking" numbers.
I got that...then shouldn't I get confirmation that it was, in fact, delivered???
Old 10-16-2009, 10:47 AM   #14
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
I got that...then shouldn't I get confirmation that it was, in fact, delivered???
That you should, Michael...my comment was more a general one as I know some people mistakenly think a DC number should "track" their package....more often than not, it does not.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:50 AM   #15
wrench turner 85
I'm the Ocho Cinco!

Trading: (0)
Partagas
wrench turner 85 is on a distinguished road

the last time I got one from over seas it took forever. the tracking stoped in NYC and never updated. and people wounder why ups and fedex is kicking the crap out usps.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #16
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

Trading: (31)
VR
tsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura about

Posted last week in another thread, but the package did arrive safely.

I did go to the Post Office on Friday to see why it wasn't showing up in their tracking system and learned that they don't scan packages when they receive them if they already have postage on them. They said that I should use Carrier pickup if I wanted to use my own postage and have them scanned at pickup. The other thing was that they had changed their delivery company or system last week and I should give it a couple more days.
tsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #17
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
That you should, Michael...my comment was more a general one as I know some people mistakenly think a DC number should "track" their package....more often than not, it does not.
My misuse of the word "tracking" probably threw you off. I have sent five packages in the last two weeks...and not one was ever DELIVERY CONFIRMED. I used to get email updates upon delivery...now that has stopped. Might have to take a trip to my local Po this afternoon and "investigate".
Old 10-16-2009, 11:02 AM   #18
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Seems as if the USPS site is down Can't log in to ship package
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #19
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
My misuse of the word "tracking" probably threw you off. I have sent five packages in the last two weeks...and not one was ever DELIVERY CONFIRMED. I used to get email updates upon delivery...now that has stopped. Might have to take a trip to my local Po this afternoon and "investigate".
I have seen the USPS.com site down several times in the last week, I believe they were doing an "upgrade"...well, time will tell on that one.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #20
Footbag
I Need My Space

First Name: Adam
Partagas
Footbag will become famous soon enoughFootbag will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
Seems as if the USPS site is down Can't log in to ship package
Ditto... The last time this happened it took 3 days to come back. Hopefully this one doesn't take that long.

Maybe I should've knocked on wood before my post above.
Footbag is offline   Reply With Quote