Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
ripper
Busy doing nothing

First Name: Bart
Trading: (12)
Cohiba
ripper will become famous soon enough
Default Emergency rations

Watching the Midwest snowstorms on TV makes me glad I don't have to shovel the rain here. And makes me wonder if yinz carry emergency cigars in the car, tote, briefcase, laptop bag.
My 4WD Toyota Highlander's glove compartment has gloves, maps, a spare Steelers cap, wooden matchbox, enuf flashlights to open a store and ... a Herfador with El Rey del Mundo robusto larga oscuros, Nica Libre Potencia torpedos and a deal-maker San Lotano oval maduro toro by the legendary AJ Fernandez.
Just in case I get stuck somewhere and need a smoke or 5. Like to carry enuf for me and any new friend or potential customer I might meet. I rotate the stock so the cigars don't dry out, or just smoke 'em while Mrs Ripper spends our 401k's at Nordstrom.
What's in your rescue kit?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Emergency rations

I once packed a emergency smoke kit while driving to work in a snow storm once... worked out well since I got snowed in at a cigar friendly hotel
Old 02-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

If I am going to be some place where I *think* I might want to have a cigar, I bring my humidified Haliburton Zero. Taking out the trays, I can easily get 50-60 cigars in there in 5-finger bags.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Jason
Trading: (59)
big_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to behold

every day i have to have a few cigars for work and just in case.... currently in there is Monte #2, ERdM Choix Supreme, and a few stand by's HC Criollo, MUWAT Bait Fish, Tat PCR. i rotate them out every 2 days and smoke an average of 2 a day
big_jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #5
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

If there is a chance I may be driving an hour + to get home in a snow storm I make sure I have something nice to smoke for the drive. Really helps you relax when you're not moving any where.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

I always bring cigars with me when I leave the house just in case I have the opportunity to smoke. Not so much in the winter time, but most of the time.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #7
RCS44
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ryne
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
RCS44 is on a distinguished road

I keep a few in a ziplock bag in the storage place on the driver side door. I also keep a cutter, lighter, and most of the time a wine key just in case.
RCS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about

I just tote my herfador around if there's even the slightest chance of being able to smoke. Emergency rations? Not a bad idea though....
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:28 AM   #9
bdgile
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
bdgile is on a distinguished road

I've never thought to pack "emergency nations" with me. I usually have a cigar for my commute after work, but that's it most of the time.
bdgile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #10
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

i'll toss a couple in the car when im traveling a good distance, been parked on a highway before due to an accident, was very happy i had something to smoke to pass the hour we spent hanging out there
Old 02-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #11
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I have a Herfador in my car at all times. You never know if you are going to get stuck in traffic/snow/whatever
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote